Hua Hin and surrounding area full time foreign population

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Re: Hua Hin and surrounding area full time foreign population

Post by 404cameljockey »

Although the demographic in the Hin Lek Fai resort of 15 villas where I live has largely changed, it's stuffed with farang.

15 villas in total, pre-Covid was almost all snowbirds except mine and one owned by a Thai who never uses it. At any one time maybe half of the owners were in Thailand for 2-4 months of the year. However during Covid my wife and I were the only people in the resort excepting the guards and service teams, all other houses were unoccupied except for a very rare rental. It was like a graveyard.

Post-Covid, a couple of the snowbirds come back from time to time, but most seem to have lost the motive (or the money, no idea) although still owning the properties. I know most of them and they say they may visit some time, but only a couple do. Around half of the villas now are rented out by them to what seem to be medium-long term tenants who go out to work, so that to me indicates a definite increase in the full-time farang population.