Premier League 2023-24

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Premier League 2023-24

Post by Lost »

Meh. Thought Forest were gonna trouble the Arse once more but two pathetic goals to give away has now made this a breeze for them.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Now gotta decide which game to flick over to instead. Luton 4 up against Brighton! Villa 2 down at home. The other two games all level...

Choices, choices.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

What a huge twat!

"Kyle Walker Apologizes To Wife Annie Kilner After Fathering Two Children With Lauryn Goodman"

https://www.si.com/fannation/soccer/fut ... yn-goodman

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ouple.html

YNWA

YNWA
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Certainly has more £’s in the bank than brain cells!!
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

We're not clicking at all at the moment. At all. City FA Cup game was the same. If we lose today, our last two prem losses are to Brighton (three wins in 16 games, recently thrashed by Luton) and 15th placed Brentford who are missing most their star players. They're basically a championship squad plus Toney atm.

Not great.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

We were all so excited to get Maddison back. In a midfield with Bentancur. Romero and Van De Ven bossing the central defence once again. Hopes were high.

We look shit.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Lost wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:34 am We were all so excited to get Maddison back. In a midfield with Bentancur. Romero and Van De Ven bossing the central defence once again. Hopes were high.

We look shit.
Oh ye of little faith, lost. Grow up, Big Ange is at the wheel.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

This team, man. Keeps you on your toes. :mrgreen:

Udogies worst defensive game in the shirt, two goals gifted but got on the scoresheet too. Into the Champion's League spot we go.

Is funny, the streams are always a minute+ behind so, when we're playing at home, I hear the crowd from Tottenham Stadium first. Assume a goal, or a big decision our way, is coming soon on the telly. :D

COYS
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:50 am Certainly has more £’s in the bank than brain cells!!
Don't they all? Look at Rashford - £325K per week, and just extracts the urine (decent guy, giving to charity? My hairy arse). These overrated, overpaid pr*cks need to be taken down a peg or ten!! :banghead: :tsk:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Well, Liverpool looked good tonight - 4-1 against Chelsea and pretty sure it should have been more (despite the fact Chelsea should have had a penalty).

Still can't understand how the feck you can miss the goal from a spot kick though.... I could get it on target despite using a bloody crutch (and not taking home fcuk knows what in salary).

5 points clear though and good for the odd cup or 4.

:cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

pharvey wrote:Well, Liverpool looked good tonight - 4-1 against Chelsea and pretty sure it should have been more (despite the fact Chelsea should have had a penalty).

Still can't understand how the feck you can miss the goal from a spot kick though.... I could get it on target despite using a bloody crutch (and not taking home fcuk knows what in salary).

5 points clear though and good for the odd cup or 4.

:cheers:
Agree penalty (Gallagher) early on

Didn't see the other pen shout Chelsea reportedly had

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

It's going to be interesting to see how Broja does on loan at Fulham, compared to his time at Chelsea this season. If he succeeds, it will raise more questions about Pochettino's stewardship at Chelsea.
Talk is cheap
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/68175678
Watch as Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder says an assistant referee eating a sandwich during a conversation showed a "complete lack of respect", and criticises the standard of refereeing in matches involving his side.
Never heard such nonsense in my entire life. Who does he think is? Apart from a B-list football manager... Arrogant twat.
This is the way
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’m not sure the clip puts the whole issue in context - but if he was talking to the manager of a football team, then I’d agree that the assistant referee shouldn’t be eating a sandwich at the same time - that’s not being arrogant just plain manners!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

As far as I'm aware, the manager was having a moan conversation with the referee at half time. If the assistant wants to grab a sandwich, good luck to him.

EDIT: The full interview goes on to the subject of Sheff U being singled out as already relegated, the manager suggesting that on account of this, referees are going to award 50/50 deciions to the opposition to avoid upsetting their managers.
This is the way