Best Hua Hin tailors?

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Re: Best Hua Hin tailors?

Post by ahandpatsy »

From my experience Mikes suits last 5 years cheaper places are out of shape after 1. Take your pick. Mikes still in wardrobe x 3. The other 2 in bin
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Resurrecting this thread since I'm in the market for a suit.

Any new recommendations, or beware ofs

Thanks! :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

ahandpatsy wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:53 am From my experience Mikes suits last 5 years cheaper places are out of shape after 1. Take your pick. Mikes still in wardrobe x 3. The other 2 in bin
5 years? I've had suits that I wore nightly for more than 5 yrs. and they still held their shape.

Too bad Hong Kong is finished.

I've also had good suits made in Seoul.
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Post by ahandpatsy »

handdrummer wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:53 pm
ahandpatsy wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:53 am From my experience Mikes suits last 5 years cheaper places are out of shape after 1. Take your pick. Mikes still in wardrobe x 3. The other 2 in bin
5 years? I've had suits that I wore nightly for more than 5 yrs. and they still held their shape.

And now 7 years and counting. Congratulations on your old shapely suits.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

ahandpatsy wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:12 pm
handdrummer wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:53 pm

And now 7 years and counting. Congratulations on your old shapely suits.
Well-made suits are never old. Aside from that, I no longer wear nor own a suit and haven't had one in nearly 9 years. You may now stop banging your head against the wall.
Highflyer

Best Hua Hin tailors?

Post by Highflyer »

Looking to get a mens linen suit made to measure in Hua Hin, any recomendations would be appreciated.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Highflyer wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:48 pm Looking to get a mens linen suit made to measure in Hua Hin, any recomendations would be appreciated.
Read many good recommendations about this tailor. Maybe you could give it a try.
Attachments
received_1620126428757340.jpeg
(279.77 KiB) Downloaded 2438 times
Highflyer

Post by Highflyer »

Thanks for the info 👍
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

General tailoring, not about suits:

I used Mike and Co (for ladies and 'gentle men') a while back for simple kurta style shirts, they have many fabrics except the Indian guy assured me one fabric was cotton not nylon. Even on viewing/touching I could see he was lying, must think me a fool, but I knowingly chose it for one of the shirts and sweated every time I wore it. Plus they aren't able to make ladies' elasticated waist tailored trousers, still messing up when I took them back for correction. The puckering and balooning at the back of the waist were awful.

5-6 years later I need more short kurta-style cotton shirts again. Romeo ('Master Tailor') at the police station end of Poonsuk Road has almost as good a range of fabrics as Mike and is 20 pct cheaper after bargaining with both (cheap cottons). I don't know about expertise but for my simple requirement it's a no-brainer.
Highflyer

Post by Highflyer »

Thanks for info 👍