Having a sunday roast at Gordon Ramsay in Bangkok.

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: Having a sunday roast at Gordon Ramsay in Bangkok.

Post by STEVE G »

^You're very lucky, I haven't had a proper home cooked roast for over 20 years and neither my partner or myself have the culinary ability to produce one.
Actually my partner is a very good cook but only Thai.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

404cameljockey wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:11 pma jazzy Sunday roast? Never. :D
In England, I cooked a mean roast dinner! Not here though, its not worth it.

I thought the roast we got was anything but jazzy. Boiled cabbage ain't jazzy! It was just extremely good, hearty, fare. It was quality + quantity, to a very high standard, which is why I enjoyed it so much.

I agree with Steve, the beef wellington does look good. The scallops also. I miss big chunky roe on scallops.
Talk is cheap
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Having a sunday roast at Gordon Ramsay in Bangkok.

Post by Dannie Boy »

I cook a roast dinner most weeks, in fact we had one tonight - roast belly pork, potatoes, Brussel sprouts, carrots, peas and broccoli, lots of gravy but no yorkies!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I cut the pork into strips to make sure the crackling get nice and crisp Image
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

caller wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:45 pm
404cameljockey wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:11 pma jazzy Sunday roast? Never. :D
If yours was a mean roast dinner, I agree it's a lot of hassle, but it has to be worth it. Nobody can beat my family's home cooked roast for me, and it sounds as if your home coast roast was special for you. We don't do it regularly, but it is a really nice treat when we do.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:26 pm If yours was a mean roast dinner, I agree it's a lot of hassle, but it has to be worth it. Nobody can beat my family's home cooked roast for me, and it sounds as if your home coast roast was special for you. We don't do it regularly, but it is a really nice treat when we do.
In the UK it was easier, I like lots of veg, and when on my own, those 'pillows' of veg you could buy at many supermarkets, were perfect for me. Pop them in a microwave for one minute, and they cooked perfectly, so basically all I had to worry about was the meat and spuds - I didn't bother with Yorkshire pud. And as I had a double oven, that was sorted. I only ever had pork or lamb, I would get pork loin or half a leg of lamb, usually from the local butcher in the village. I bought in apple sauce for the pork, and mixed my own mint sauce for lamb. I would use bisto as a base for the gravy and add in the juices from the pan. So it was all really quite easy, prep, stick it in the oven, prepare the other bits, relax, serve up, add veg and gravy and sauce. And what was left was used for a sandwich or the next day.

I have to say that Dannies roast tatties look really very good to me!
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

LOL, it might still be worth spoiling yourself once in a while (easy for me to say, having somebody to do it for me).
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

A full roast is a once-a-year event on Christmas day for us. Its just too damn hot to eat all that food and suffer the stuffed bloat that follows it (though the pics do look appetizing).
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

caller wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:24 pm
Big Boy wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:26 pm If yours was a mean roast dinner, I agree it's a lot of hassle, but it has to be worth it. Nobody can beat my family's home cooked roast for me, and it sounds as if your home coast roast was special for you. We don't do it regularly, but it is a really nice treat when we do.
In the UK it was easier, I like lots of veg, and when on my own, those 'pillows' of veg you could buy at many supermarkets, were perfect for me. Pop them in a microwave for one minute, and they cooked perfectly, so basically all I had to worry about was the meat and spuds - I didn't bother with Yorkshire pud. And as I had a double oven, that was sorted. I only ever had pork or lamb, I would get pork loin or half a leg of lamb, usually from the local butcher in the village. I bought in apple sauce for the pork, and mixed my own mint sauce for lamb. I would use bisto as a base for the gravy and add in the juices from the pan. So it was all really quite easy, prep, stick it in the oven, prepare the other bits, relax, serve up, add veg and gravy and sauce. And what was left was used for a sandwich or the next day.

I have to say that Dannies roast tatties look really very good to me!
Couldn't agree more.