Hua Hin island trip

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
buksida

Hua Hin island trip

Post by buksida »

Finally got round to taking the boat trip out to Singto (Lion) Island last weekend. We stocked up with essential supplies which didn't include sunscreen but did involve emptying the local minimart's fridges of beer. Needless to say I got half baked in both senses.

The weather was pretty overcast and the sea a murky brown colour so little chance of any snorkeling out there, not that there would be much marine life anyway. We chugged out towards the sleeping lion which gave us some great views of the coastline around Takiab.

Due to very low tides we were unable to disembark at the islands so motored on towards Khao Tao and were rewarded with a great view of the temple complex there. Jumped off and swam for Sai Noi beach where we anchored up, had a good feed at the restaurant right at the far end.

It seems the army were doing some kind of initiation ceremonies on the beach there as groups of half naked men in speedos where subjected to hurls of abuse and forced to drink whiskey and do pushups, we were hoping the Burmese didn't decide to invade just then!.

A pleasant cruise back along the coastline past Suan Son where more bizarre military maneuvers were taking place. All in all a very agreeable day and worthy trip for those seeking to have a different view of the surrounding area.

More info and bookings for the boat trip can be found here:
http://www.khaotakiab.com/island-trip.htm
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

Buksi - wouldn't that be a lovely trip for an HHAD get together? Maybe when Big Boy is here? :idea: I'd be up for it - can you rent bigger boats?
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:lach: :lach: :lach: :lach: :lach:
can you rent bigger boats?
What are you trying to say?

Seriously, I'd be up for it, but don't fancy the swimming bit - please be sure the tides are right.
Championship Millwall - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 21
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

We'd be happy to provide our big boat and tender to do that trip if there's sufficient interest.
buksida

Post by buksida »

I think we'd need it if we were doing a HHAD trip, the one we went on was a small fishing boat that took about 6-8 people comfortably, anymore would have been a squeeze.

Great idea Dawn, I'm in ... now who can we get to organize it
:idea:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson