Two women found shot to death in Hua Hin shop house

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Big Boy

Two women found shot to death in Hua Hin shop house

Post by Big Boy »

Two women were found dead in a shop house in downtown Hua Hin on Sunday, in what police suspect is an accident or murder attempt by one of the women, who then committed suicide to evade the criminal consequences.

The deaths of the two women, the 63-year-old owner of the shop house and her 46-year-old secretary and assistant, were reported to Hua Hin police by the owner’s son, who went to the shop house from Bangkok on Sunday, after losing contact with her after she told him that she would visit her mother in Chumphon province on March 1st.

The shop-owner was found covered by a blanket with her secretary lying nearby. Police say that the elderly woman died about a week ago, while her assistant died about five days ago. A 9mm Glock 19 pistol, with several rounds in the magazine, was found on the ground floor. Two shots had beenfired from the gun. The bullet in the wound to the head of one victim and in a wound in the chest of another victim matched the weapon found.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/two-women- ... hop-house/
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Re: Two women found shot to death in Hua Hin shop house

Post by PeteC »

That's two violent shooting incidents in one week in Hua Hin. I've never seen that happen before. :(
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

PeteC wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:02 am That's two violent shooting incidents in one week in Hua Hin. I've never seen that happen before. :(
If a shooting incident can ever not be 'violent' it must be the second one. Not exactly a teenage street duel. I don't think you need to be scared to walk the sois.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

404cameljockey wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:55 am If a shooting incident can ever not be 'violent' it must be the second one. Not exactly a teenage street duel. I don't think you need to be scared to walk the sois.
Not sure which one you mean by "the second one" but I don't see how either a shooting where one person was killed and another seriously injured by the crossfire, or one where two people were shot to death, could be described as non-violent.

Any incident where someone is shot to death, is by definition, a violent incident.

According to the Oxford Languages definition:

Violent

using or involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

GroveHillWanderer wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:57 pm
404cameljockey wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:55 am If a shooting incident can ever not be 'violent' it must be the second one. Not exactly a teenage street duel. I don't think you need to be scared to walk the sois.
Not sure which one you mean by "the second one" but I don't see how either a shooting where one person was killed and another seriously injured by the crossfire, or one where two people were shot to death, could be described as non-violent.

Any incident where someone is shot to death, is by definition, a violent incident.

According to the Oxford Languages definition:

Violent

using or involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something.
I said 'if', didn't I? Please don't start getting dictionaries out unnecessarily.

My point was to make a distinction of violent threats which could involve the public between the first (being the teenager, I thought that was obvious) and the second incidents, whereas the post I was replying to seemed to suggest that the two could be considered in one breath. I hope that's clearer for you.