Hua Hin Restaurant News

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: Hua Hin Restaurant News

Post by Pagey »

Jack_Batty wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:36 pm Well, that didn’t last long. Jalapeños is closing, per their post on FB this morning. Tomorrow is their last day in business. It’s a shame, because they had pretty damn good Mexican food. Owner cites lack of staff and inability to provide quality food that is expected, or something along those lines. Anyways…last chance to try them.
Re opening on Friday 5th at 4.30 in the same location. See their FB page for full details.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Re: Hua Hin Restaurant News

Post by Jack_Batty »

Good news to hear that Jalapeño’s is making another run at it. I enjoyed the food there on each of my visits.

Speaking of Mexican…I finally tried a place that I had been hearing about lately. Casa de la Tex Mex. After much searching, I think that they only offer delivery from somewhere up in the Hin Lek Fai area.

I ordered a beef burrito and a chicken burrito. The order came to 340฿. The tortilla wraps were very good, and the seasoning on the meat and rice was delicious. It really could have used an option of cheese, sour cream, and guacamole to put it over the top, but for the price and quality I am not complaining and I will order them again. I will just have my ingredients on hand next time.

Each burrito was accompanied by a tiny bag of hot sauce, a bag of fried tortilla chips, and a little container of chunky salsa. The hot sauce was just ok. I had brought several hot sauces back with me from the US and they did nicely with these burritos. Everything tasted Tex-Mex authentic.

I had just returned this week from a visit to Texas and was really missing some good Mexican food. While not perfect, this Mexican place certainly did enough to scratch that itch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

JIT Pochana Restaurant Permanently Closed

Post by Ratsima »

I guess I wasn't surprised to see that the Cha Am branch of JIT Pochana (จิตรโภชนา) is permanently closed. It opened about four years ago, after the original restaurant on the site (Alpaca?) closed.

I suspect it was a bit upscale for the Cha Am crowd. We only went a few times; but always enjoyed the food. The main attractions for us were air conditioned lunchtime dining and the fact that it was only ten minutes away by bicycle.

The facility is quite large. I wonder what sort of restaurant could make it there? (Or, anywhere, for that matter.)