TV series worth watching/downloading

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: TV series worth watching/downloading

Post by hhinner »

Also on eztv. (eg eztv.yt or search "eztv proxies" ).
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Also, first 2 episodes are available on youtube. Apparently the whole series was available until about 5 months ago. But who knew?
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:21 am Oh, and as far as our fishing trip is concerned, my lips are sealed... :laugh:
Ahem... :shock: :oops:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

pharvey wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:20 pm
dtaai-maai wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:21 am Oh, and as far as our fishing trip is concerned, my lips are sealed... :laugh:
Ladies, get a room?
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

404cameljockey wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:29 pm
pharvey wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:20 pm
Ladies, get a room?
Well a boat at least....
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

404cameljockey wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:54 am
GroveHillWanderer wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:12 pm
404cameljockey wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:12 am If anyone is as crazy as me and wants to watch the subtitled 30 part Chinese adaptation of Three Body download the VIKI WEBRip, not the AMZN one, as the AMZN subtitles miss whole scenes, like when an actor's thoughts are being spoken, and also words shown onscreen like computer screens, phone messages, etc.
Whereabouts is it downloadable from? I've looked a couple of places and didn't find it.
Maybe you're typing three body problem which will fail. it's just the two words three body, and it's definitely on the Bay but MagnetDL is better for this one.
Thanks! Found it on MagnetDL and downloaded it already.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Watched the first episode of 3 Body yesterday, and it is loosely based on the narrative in the trilogy's first book, though the order of events is a little mixed up. However, the characters are way younger and way better looking which has probably been done to keep the attention span of the Millennials and Gen-Zs!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: TV series worth downloading

Post by dtaai-maai »

migrant wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:42 pm Started watching Jack Taylor. A Galway Ireland cop that was fired and now does private work. I like my leading actors to be flawed, and humorous, this qualifies on both fronts.

From a series of books by Ken Bruen
9 feature-length episodes over 3 series. Not that recent but excellent viewing. And Iain Glenn is another actor I like very much. Can't remember where I got it from, either PB or eztv.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Taylor_(TV_series)
This is the way
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Have watched the first three episodes of Fallout and am loving it. Quite funny too. All episodes are available as of this week.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

KIN(2021)

Think someone mentioned this before but just finished watching the first two seasons of this tense Irish crime drama.

Basically about drug dealers in Dublin and gangland warfare

It reminded me of both Top Boy(English) and Gomorrah(Italian) and overall I'd give it a high of 9/10

Highly recommended. Third season on the way I'm told. Can't wait for it.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

pharvey

Post by pharvey »

404cameljockey wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:37 am Have watched the first three episodes of Fallout and am loving it. Quite funny too. All episodes are available as of this week.
I've watched the 1st two and well, struggling at times TBH. I'll stick with it for now, but there's (potentially) far better on my watchlist I think..

[EDIT] KIN (2021) above being one.

:cheers: :cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

A dear old bloke (in my ward) noticed I couldn't sleep either at 3am and shared this with me..

Very apt and there's a few on here that will (or should) appreciate it!! :thumb:

Many more from the whole Creature Comforts and Aardman Studios!! :bow:
buksida

Post by buksida »

Tokyo Vice season two is available for download now on EZTV, so that's on my list. Fallout also in the queue.

Enjoying 3 Body though I feel its a little rushed, whereas the novels were more of an epic saga spanning centuries.

Star Trek Discovery has just fired up season 5 warp engines ...

New Apple TV series Dark Matter to start in early May.

I'm often finding things not showing up on EZTV ... but this usually has them: https://torrentgalaxy.to/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

pharvey wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:14 am
404cameljockey wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:37 am Have watched the first three episodes of Fallout and am loving it. Quite funny too. All episodes are available as of this week.
I've watched the 1st two and well, struggling at times TBH. I'll stick with it for now, but there's (potentially) far better on my watchlist I think..

[EDIT] KIN (2021) above being one.

:cheers: :cheers:
I think it very redolent of the computer games, that's the hook. If you're a fan it's a very good watch, but not enough monsters in this first series. I hope they up the count in the next. And Walton Goggins is terrific, just as he was in Justified (old but I highly recommend). Now back to drinking my Nuka-Cola while plotting my course on my Pip-Boy to my next watering hole!

Baby Reindeer on Netflix is very good, based on a play by the writer who experienced his own female stalker, and honestly shows his own part in creating the problem. It's a bit dark in places.

PS - Kin is very good.
Last edited by 404cameljockey on Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

buksida wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:18 am Enjoying 3 Body though I feel its a little rushed, whereas the novels were more of an epic saga spanning centuries.
Are you talking about Netflix's 3 Body Problem or the Chinese TV adaptation Three-Body? I suppose that particular criticism is true of the latter also, even though it's far superior IMO.

Comments I've seen here seem to generally refer to the Netflix show, but don't use the correct titles. :)