Premier League 2023-24

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Premier League 2023-24

Post by Lost »

Bamboo Grove wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:11 pm How many points did the better team get? Sorry, I don't fancy this kind of bollock but couldn't help myself.
:thumb:

The amount of grief I give the arse on here, I'm surprised I don't get more back.

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Anyways, Happy St. Totteringham's day to you too, lost. :D :starwars:
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Lost wrote:
Bamboo Grove wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:11 pm How many points did the better team get? Sorry, I don't fancy this kind of bollock but couldn't help myself.
:thumb:

The amount of grief I give the arse on here, I'm surprised I don't get more back.

:cheers:
I guess it’s all about significance Lost.

Who really gives a shit about one of those yapping ‘dogs’ that gets wheeled round Icon Siam in a push chair.

The best team on the night is the team that walks away with 3 points. Football really is as simple as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

If only Kulusevski went down in that first half instead of trying to stay on his feet, getting the ball away and Saka scoring...

Could have been singing a different tune, eh. Ifs and buts don't help my cause much at the moment, though. :blues:
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Lost wrote:If only Kulusevski went down in that first half instead of trying to stay on his feet, getting the ball away and Saka scoring...

Could have been singing a different tune, eh. Ifs and buts don't help my cause much at the moment, though. :blues:
Wouldn’t have made any difference whether he stayed on his feet or fell over like he did….he stumbled off his own poor balance and lost control of the ball…..hardly a turning point in the game….

Oh…actually maybe it was. Great finish by Saka Image

dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Well, we've got Chelsea and Liverpool away in the next week, so my expectations are not high. I've pretty much given up on 4th place now, but I think at this stage we're better suited to the Europa League than the Champions League. And TBH I'd probably have settled for that at the start of the season.
This is the way
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Michael Oliver didn't give this. Had to be told to go to the screen. To be fair, his view was obstructed.

Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

dtaai-maai wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:40 pm Well, we've got Chelsea and Liverpool away in the next week, so my expectations are not high. I've pretty much given up on 4th place now, but I think at this stage we're better suited to the Europa League than the Champions League. And TBH I'd probably have settled for that at the start of the season.
Yeah, I don't think we've got much chance of 4th at all. Still got City to play too (christ if us getting a result at City results in arse winning the league :shock: ). Still, we're on the same points as last season with 5 left to play, playing, for the most part, very entertaining football (love seeing Romero forever drifting into the striker's position :D ). Taken a few hammerings along the way too but so did Klopp and Arteta in their first seasons.
Wouldn’t have made any difference whether he stayed on his feet or fell over like he did….he stumbled off his own poor balance and lost control of the ball
Stonewall penalty if he goes down. I don't think even our bad luck of receiving penalties would have intervened. Oliver, of course, wouldn't have given it but VAR would have.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

As a neutral, it was one of those games that could have easily gone the other way - both sides had chances to add to their goals or stop some that went in - that’s how football goes sometimes, it’s unpredictable and why most people get so passionate about it. On balance of play/chances, a draw would probably have been a fair result but suited neither - especially Arsenal who at least keep City on their toes as the season reaches its climax!!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Manchester United look set to gut the majority of their squad. :shock:

Man Utd open to offers for nearly all of squad

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/arti ... 96wzkgzpgo

Manchester United are willing to listen to offers for virtually all their first-team squad this summer as Sir Jim Ratcliffe looks to turn the club back into challengers for major honours............
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

"Declan Rice kicked the wrong ball..." - Shouldn't it be attempted to and still missed?
PeteC wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:07 am Manchester United look set to gut the majority of their squad. :shock:
As should many of the teams - there was a comment the other day with the Man City Manager bitching about injuries/lack of players etc. whilst he had £300 Million on the bench!!

A few comments in the press with the ludicrous 8 year+ contracts handed out at Chelsea... Mind-blowing!
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’m not going to post the full article as it’s obviously full of BS, but the headline goes,

Man United's ENTIRE squad 'is up for sale' - with just THREE players named as 'off limits'

So it’s not the entire squad up for sale!!
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Dannie Boy wrote:I’m not going to post the full article as it’s obviously full of BS, but the headline goes,

Man United's ENTIRE squad 'is up for sale' - with just THREE players named as 'off limits'

So it’s not the entire squad up for sale!!
Which 3?

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Can’t remember, other than it didn’t include Rashford.

Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Chelsea vs Tottenham day today. Watch us lose to the worst Chelsea team in recent memory. Our bogey team unfortunately.

Champion's League hopes all but a distant dream anywho. Already gonna happen anyway, but with the results last night Bundesliga officially got the 5th Champion's League spot along with Serie A.