800.000 THB

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
hamistagan
Novice
Novice

800.000 THB

Post by hamistagan »

If I want to apply for one year visa I have to transfer 800.000 THB to my account at Kasikorn bank at least two month before I want to apply for visa, but does anybody knows how long have to money stay there? Can I make withdraw after I get one year visa? Can I send money back to my account in Europe? What is the rule? Thanks for info, mates.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

The 800k should be in your Thai bank and not fall below this amount for at least 3 months prior to your application. You'll need a letter from the bank stating the amount that's in there, together with you passbook to satisfy Immigration. It's best to get the bank letter dated as close to application as possible - on the day is ideal.
Once you've got the extension, you can live off the money immediately. You may be able to send it back home, but I don't know about the proceedures, time scale or possible taxes.
One word of warning: if you transferred the whole lot back the next day, then brought it over 3 months prior to getting your second extension, Imm are going to want to know what you've been living on for the past year. An inference could be made that you'd been working here.
I believe most people live off the 800k and then top the amount up to that level 3 months before applying again. Ie, live on 600k and move another 200k over. Again, don't let it fall below the required amount before you apply.
niggle
Guru
Guru

Post by niggle »

I agree. The 800000 MUST be in bank 3 months berfore application. They can ask to see proof of regular deposits into the bank if they want to be awkward. SO moving 800000 back to UK the next day id not a brilliant idea.