Thai Soaps, is she hooked?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Kid Creole
Rookie
Rookie

Thai Soaps, is she hooked?

Post by Kid Creole »

I don't know what it is with the little princess.

She has never bothered to watch Thai soaps, that is until I decided to get UBC hooked up!!!! Now I pay for cable and rarely watch it!

Before I had UBC I was always greeted after a hard day in the classroom with a friendly smile, wai and a glass of ice water. Now when I come home the sops are on, the smile has gone, the wai barely makes it to the rib cage and the ice water lacks ice and water!!! She's hooked, hardly a word spoken until the end of the show.

Familiar scenario anybody?

I feel I should email Thaksin and tell him that he will save more on electricity by killing off the soaps in the afternoon than shutting down T.V. at midnight.
:idea:
Why you think to mut ?
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Same in this household.
The way around ir for us has been to get a second telly. Somehow, she's got rights to the bigger screen one in the bedroom that's air con. Don't understand how I let that happen :cry:
Mind you, think about all the viewers in the UK tuning in to Eastenders or Coronation Street. Pretty much the same thing.
Opium of the masses.
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

It’s the same every where put a woman in front of the goggle box put a load of tripe on and they will sit the day away believing its real life!!
It’s a drug with a fast addiction very hard to control even harder to withdraw from; it makes hard drugs look tame in comparison

Smash the TV into 1000 pieces and make her go cold turkey

a good aid would be a large selection of the milder drug jigsaw puzzles these are just as addictive to the average Thai so only allow small doses maybe 2/3 X 1000 piece puzzles a week then wean her down gently to 1 X 500 piece until she is free from the craving
Long walks will also assist by making her tired and not having the energy to concentrate for long periods

It’s the kindest thing you will ever do for her
Good luck
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

It might be a bit like taking the bottle away from us :roll:
Kid Creole
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kid Creole »

It might be a bit like taking the bottle away from us

Hmmm.... I agree

Must tell her how much I like Thai soaps

:thumb:
Why you think to mut ?
buksida

Post by buksida »

One thing I've observed about the soaps here and the soaps in the UK is that here they're all full of snobby, rich, elite, Bangkok pricks driving cars and living in houses that 99% of the population could never afford. In the UK its dreary, working class bozos living in terraced sheds, bitching about life and generally in a position that 99% of the population wouldnt want to be in.

Cultural differences?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

I remember once or twice asking about this and the answer was that they wouldn't be too interested in watching every day things (i.e. Coronation Street), it's something that most of us can never achieve what interests them more.
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

My misses hates the soaps here in the UK. She follows Eastenders because of the 'drama' but never watches any of the others except the daytime aussie soap Neighbours, which she says is the best because the actors are all good looking and the houses are bigger and more beautiful! Thankfully, it is on when I am at work. Generally she complains that most of the people on UK TV would never get on to the telly in Thailand because they are too ugly!