MASAMAN CURRY

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

Found this as an explantion on what a Massaman Curry consists of.

Massaman curry (Thai: แกงมัสมั่น kaeng matsaman or gaeng masaman. IPA: [kɛːŋ matsaman]) is a Thai dish that can be made with beef, chicken, tofu, or pork.
It usually contains coconut milk, roasted peanuts, potatoes, bay leaves, cardamom pods, cinnamon, palm sugar, fish sauce, and tamarind sauce. It is a Muslim-influenced curry.
Portuguese traders brought spices such as turmeric, cinnamon, cumin, cloves and nutmeg from the Middle East and India to the south coast of Thailand.
The dish is served with rice and sometimes pickled ginger or cucumber and peppers soaked in vinegar.

Whenever I cook a curry (mainly Indian), I never eat the day that I cook it. Always leave it for 1 or 2 days in the fridge before eating. Also cook it on nearly the lowest gas that I can use and let it cook until the meat is very tender (2hrs at least). When re-heated is perfect and tender.
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"