Travel from Pattaya to HH

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Irish Kev
Amateur
Amateur

Travel from Pattaya to HH

Post by Irish Kev »

Hi Everyone,
Can anyone please let me know the easiest way to get from Pattaya to HH, I know its a long trip so the quickest and easiest way would be appreciated.
Roel
Guru
Guru

Post by Roel »

Easiest way would be to come by taxi. Hundreds of them around in Pattaya that are willing to take you to Hua Hin if you are willing to pay the price. Guess you mean public transport. Easy.
Go to the bus terminal on South Pattaya Road then:

Option 1: Take a bus to Saj Taaj Maj Southern Bus Terminal in Bangkok and from there take a bus to Hua Hin.

Option 2: Take a bus to Ekamai Eastern Bus Terminal. Hop on the skytrain to Victory Monument. Walk on the elevated footpath towards the monument. Keep left. Use the stairs that lead to a small market. Walk through the market to the road that runs parallel behind it and ask anyone for the Minibus to Hua Hin. They will probably approach you first when they see you and your luggage. They are not commission hunters; they will direct you to the right table where you buy a ticket (180 Baht) for the next minibus to HH.

Do NOT go to Mor Chit. Although there is a Mor Chit Sky Train Station you will need a taxi to get there from the Bus Terminal. Hassle.

Advice: If you have a huge and/or more than one suitcase choose option 1.
Everyone has his or her favourite option. I did both several times and found them both equally convenient. Of course minibus is faster (the driver will certainly try to break the record again with an average speed of 140 km/hour) while the big bus stops every now and then to pick up and drop of Thais in the middle of nowhere. Some people hate that, for others it is part of the fun.

Enjoy the trip.
We are all living in 'the good old days' of the future.