BKK to Hua Hin Flights

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
chelsea
Ace
Ace

BKK to Hua Hin Flights

Post by chelsea »

Just looking at the Nok Air website and see that they restarted the flights from BKK to Hua Hin (Last time I looked they had been suspended).
http://www.nokair.com

These flights originate from the new airport and looks like three flights each way every day.
The plane they show is a 12 Seater Cesna and costs are $3100 each way for the flights that I checked

Just thought I would start new thread as I know there have been a few posts regarding this before but this info seems to be more upto date.

Seems to be more handy if people are arriving from Overseas and want a quick link to hua hin rather than catching the taxi or mini vans.

Just out of interest I would like to hear from anyone who has flown on the planes, just to see how rough the flights are in that smaller plane.
I do not normally get on anything that I can see a propeller on, and especially one with only one engine by the look of it.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

chelsea,
I have never used the service, but I would imagine that there would be little difference in time than a taxi when the wait for the next flight, loading of baggage and travel from HH airport is taken into account. With the improved bridges and roads from Bangkok it is probable that a taxi might be quicker now too!
niggle
Guru
Guru

Post by niggle »

Little time difference if you use taxi at 1/5 cost and you can have 5 people in the taxi same price
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

And you can get the taxi when YOU want.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: BKK to Hua Hin Flights

Post by Nereus »

chelsea wrote:Just looking at the Nok Air website and see that they restarted the flights from BKK to Hua Hin (Last time I looked they had been suspended).
http://www.nokair.com

These flights originate from the new airport and looks like three flights each way every day.
The plane they show is a 12 Seater Cesna and costs are $3100 each way for the flights that I checked

Just out of interest I would like to hear from anyone who has flown on the planes, just to see how rough the flights are in that smaller plane.
I do not normally get on anything that I can see a propeller on, and especially one with only one engine by the look of it.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
This is actually a code sharing flight and is operated by SGA, as it has been for several years.

The Aircraft is a Cessna Caravan,single engine turbo prop, fixed undercarriage 12 seat "commuter" type. It is regarded as one of the safest and most reliable aircraft of its type in the world. I have not personally flown on this aircraft, but it could get a bit bumpy depending on the time of the year.

If they ever get the Sky Train to the new Airport completed, it could be a viable option for anybody needing to go to Bangkok for the day.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Governor
Professional
Professional

Post by Governor »

As Nereus has said it is the SGA flight who now code share with Nokair.

There are only three flights a day and the baggage allowance is pretty restrictive 20 kgs from Bangkok to Hua Hin and 15 kgs for the return leg.

You have to be lucky if the schedule fits in with your flights, and at a little over 3,000 Baht per way each, a taxi is more cost effective and may get you to your destination just as quickly.

I have used the service and it is fine and you get some good views
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Being in the Airline industry, my main worry with this service is that small outfits like this can leave you in the stuck if they have to cancel the flight for technical reasons or because they haven’t sold enough tickets.
If you were going to catch a flight you could end up missing it and having to buy a new ticket which could be very expensive indeed.
Having said that, people who have used it say you can a nice view up the coast line and I would consider using it just for a day out
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

having used the plane at least a dozen times, then i can tell you it beats the hell out of a taxi !

you dont need to check in until 20 mins before at each end. Ok, its not quite as good as it used to be at old Don Muang where there was a little office and drinks etc to wait in before being led through departures. That also meant that if no one else was due to arrive the plane could leave early. On one occasion i was there over an hour before the plane was due to leave and was asked if i would like to leave now ! I was the only passenger and arrived in HH before the plane was due to leave BKK.

The price is a few hundred baht more than a taxi, but is far more enjoyable.

The only downside is that they have changed the 8pm flight from HH to BKK to an earlier slot. the 8pm used to be perfect for connecting with overnight planes to Europe, and the view up could be spectacular with hundreds of fishing boats and sometimes a flight straight over BKK a lot lower than jets would be allowed. and flying through thunderstorms is always interesting....

They have also cancelled the early morning flight at 8am which i have also caught in the past.

When i am at BKK and wondering whether to get a taxi or fly down, then if the plane is leaving within 2 hours i will wait and get the plane. arrival in HH will probably still be earlier, and far more enjoyable with the missus picking me up at HH airport. no parking problems there !

someone mentioned about missing flights etc. never had a problem in switching flights if i cant make it. And unlike larger airlines they are a lot more flexible. on one occasion had a phone call in HH saying that they were bringing the departure forward from 8pm to 6.30pm because of a huge storm coming in. If we had waited 10 mins longer the plane wouldnt have taken off. lightning on both sides and getting darker and darker.
HHHound
Banned
Banned

Post by HHHound »

Have a look for Siam General Airways.... I have used them for over 1 year and find it very nice. New Plane, 12 seater etc.

tiem wise unless you are connecting at Suwannpoom it will ilkely be faster in a Taxi if you count transit to BKK, wait time, flight etc. going back not too bad as the wait and transit in HH is very slight. I find the view very nice...So out of 4 RT BKK HH I have done the taxi only once!

I have time and will likely us the SGA service. A good point to note by a HH res is that he always uses the SGA because of potential traffic to HH. BTW, is the road finished yet? I havend done the hwy since mid August!

Yeah, you'll see that Nok Air is offering the service via SGA!
elem
Professional
Professional

Post by elem »

I took the SGA plane for the first time a few weeks ago, and found it great.
I was really fed up w the long taxi drive and madness traffic around the holidays.
you need to be at the HH airport 20min bef take-off, get shown into the "vip-lounge" with newspapers and drinks for 10min -the flight takes 45min, it was 50min airport-airport. I had 25kg luggage, but no mention of overweight. you don't even get a luggage tag, but take the bag straight onto the bus on the tarmac in BKK, so no waiting for luggage.
In case you do have too many kg, it's 50bath per kg of overweight.

It was 3h door to door (hotel on Silom) so I will use it again for sure.
OK, heard of someone who had 1h delay, and then 30min waiting time in the bus on the BKK-HH route, but for somone who can afford it -and doesn't like the traffic- it's a better alternative than sitting in a cab for 4-5h if you come from city centre during rush-hour.
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.[Benjamin Franklin]
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Interesting comment from a friend about travel too from HH to BK

'Why are no stretch limo services available with in house entertainment'

'Who would care about the traffic?'

Anybody know where I can buy a stretch limo?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.