Security fixtures

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
charlesh
Ace
Ace

Security fixtures

Post by charlesh »

What is the the feeling re: wrought iron or other material window/door security fixtures incorporating insect screens? Where does one source them from in HH?
Charles H
:cheers:
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

charlesh,
I've moved this to ask the expats as I think you'll get a better response here than News!
Hobiecat
Professional
Professional

Post by Hobiecat »

There's a series of welding shops in HH that will pre fab steel for your doors and windows. We had three different quotes that ranged from 28,000-50,000 baht. Our house is quit small. We required two doors (one was a double, slider). Three normal sized windows for the bedrooms and kitchen and two very large windows for the dining and livingroom. In addtion to two very small covering for the bathrooms. Eight steel coverings in total. Our design that we wanted was fairly fancy. We settled on a guy that quoted us 35,000 which was painted and instaled. Took him about two weeks to pre fab them and a couple days to install.

We've lost his phone number. His place is not to difficult to find. Go up Soi 88 over the rail tracks and continue straight up the soi to the top. Were the road turns left. "Contunie straight" up the small soi that is next to a large blue Thai resturant on your left. His shop is about 70m up on the left in his small home. He's pretty much welding right on the road. Does very good work and will accually have them installed in the time frame you have asked for. Speaks Thai only.
Why is it called 'after dark' when it really is 'after light'?
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

I had security bars and screens made for 18 windows and 3 double doors. Installed cost was 38,000 baht and it took 2 weeks.
The iron workers have books of designs which you can modify to your liking. They will come out to you and take all your measurements (seemingly identical windows can vary by a cm) then fabricate it.
My guy was on Phetchkasem heading north, west side, just before the palace.