Re-entry permits at Hua Hin immigration

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
buksida

Re-entry permits at Hua Hin immigration

Post by buksida »

I've never done this but I presume one can get a re-entry permit at Hua Hin immigration? I usually just get a single entry 12 month extension to my non-M visa as I rarely leave Thailand so I guess I need to shell out 1,900 if I want to leave for a week or so?

I know a multiple entry allows you to go in and out as often as you wish so does a single entry allow you to do it once or do you need the re-entry permit in addition?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Heebio
Professional
Professional

Post by Heebio »

Can't comment on the 'single entry' rules but as you never actually 'entered', only extended while in situ, it might be worth asking about.

But yes, you can get your re-entry permit at Hua Hin immigration - alternative is to get this at the airport prior to your departure. Doing it here will save you a lot of time and hassle though.
Never trust a hippy....
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

You'll definitely need a re-entry permit prior to leaving the country or else your original visa (long expired) from which you make annual extensions will be invalidated. You'll have to start the whole process again - beginning with the visa - and lose all the "years credit" you have, should you wish to apply for Permanent Residency at some later stage (I think you need 5 continuous years here on extensions and paying tax, amongst other things, to qualify).
It should be a pretty painless experience at HH Imm. As Hebio had said, it can be done at the airport, but much easier to do here first.
The "entry", BTW, should still be on the original arrival/departure card, no matter how long ago it was.
Chas
Banned
Banned

reentry permit

Post by Chas »

I got a reentry permit at the Hua Hin Immigration office for a trip to Europe in May. No problem, except that she was very firm about my reporting back to them within 24 hours of my return!
lomuamart

Re: reentry permit

Post by lomuamart »

Chas wrote:I got a reentry permit at the Hua Hin Immigration office for a trip to Europe in May. No problem, except that she was very firm about my reporting back to them within 24 hours of my return!
Crazy that, isn't it? As far as I'm aware, HH are the only Imm office in the country doing this. The requirement was on the back of the old arrival/departure cards - they were phased out years ago. This was discussed on another thread.
So basically if you want to spend a night in BKK on your return, you can't. Madness. I'm not convinced this is actually the law, but if HH are asking you to report, suppose you had better do so.
Try looking for the other thread, Chas. It was in the visa section.
niggle
Guru
Guru

Post by niggle »

SIngle entry visa is one leave and return. If anyone is there soon, ask them about spending couple of nights in BKK before returning to HH. Post up what they tell you please
Chas
Banned
Banned

I do remember

Post by Chas »

Lomu, I remember the big discussion on another thread and just offered my more recent experience at the Immigration office in Hua Hin because I came across this thread and it seemed appropriate. So no, apparently I will have to hustle back here to report to them. .no couple of nights in Bkk permitted.

So is Hua Hin the ONLY place doing this????

And the 90 day girl is the one who told me this. She was all cheerful and smiling. ( I was also getting my 90 day)

And I was with a Thai person too so it wasn't a matter of not understanding her.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I think HH is the only place, although in the back of my mind I half recall the topic being discussed on another forum and someone might have mentioned Nong Khai as well.
Just as a thought, why not give Soi Suan Plu a call? They can be difficult to get hold of, but they should be able to put you straight.
02 2873101 - 10.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

For whatever reason Hua Hin are being selective with this, if they are still doing it. I did my 90 day reporting a few days ago, following a re-entry last December, and there was no mention of not reporting. I also got the re-entry at Hua Hin last November and there was no mention about it at the time. I was in the office about 3 minutes, no form, no questions asked, just a smile from the regular lady, and it is most definiately NOT my charm that does this! :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!