Eva Air

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Jim
Guru
Guru

Eva Air

Post by Jim »

In seven days and nine hours we get on the Taiwanese big pub in the sky to fly from London to BKK :D :D :D :D :D

We've always flown Thai before, but Eva was much cheaper this time. I'd be interested to hear from anyone else who's flown Eva before and what you think of them? What have we got to look forward to? or to worry about?

And is there a HHAD event planned over Songkran?

Thanks all

Jim
ดวงขึ้น
จิม
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

eva

Post by redzonerocker »

eva, very good airline. :thumb:

absolutely nothing to worry about, would recommend them quite highly in fact :cheers:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

eva air

Post by lindosfan1 »

Excellent airline used them price and usually the cheapest direct flight to LOS
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Used them for the last 4 years

Can't fault them at all

Songkran in HH? Crazy and spectacular. Get very wet though :cheers: Inside and out :cheers:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Have used EVA extensively - BKK - Tapei & BKK - London.

Fairly modern fleet and as far as I know, one of the few airlines that still have a 100% safety record.

Their Economy deluxe on longhaul is great - business class style seat with economy service and not too much extra to pay on already very competitive seat prices.

One very very minor complaint - sometimes they are not too generous with the falling down water - unlike Thai where you get almost non stop supplies.

Overall a very good airline - particularly good with young kids.
Wiseman
Rookie
Rookie

Eva Air

Post by Wiseman »

Hi Jim

My experiences with Eva have all been good.

When I came back last November to retire, I had 10kgs extra luggage for which I was asked to pay around 300 quid!

However, I was also given a second option to upgrade to the Deluxe Economy class for 100 quid and carry the excess luggage for free. A no brainer! I was then put in a seat with extra leg space and no one else in the three seats to my right!

Most airlines would have happily taken my 300 quid and not even told me about the upgrade. I think the extra 100 quid is woth it even without excess baggage.

The other good thing about Eva is the timing particularly on the way back. The flight leaves just after lunch and gets you back at around 6pm the same day thus minimising jet lag.

Good luck on your trip and Songhran is everywhere. You can't miss it!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Hey Jim,

I'm flying with them tomorrow! :D

If I get a chance, I'll post my experience - a first for me with them.

Thai are not getting a good press at the mo from the guy's on T-UK.

Caller
Talk is cheap