It Ain't Half hot Mum.

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
lomuamart

It Ain't Half hot Mum.

Post by lomuamart »

I've been complaining about the heat over the past few weeks and it dosn't look like it's going to get any better. This summer's going to be a real scorcher:

* Print
* Email

DAILY XPRESS
Mercury rising
Think it's hot? Well, it's going to get worse especially during Songkran. If you're knocking down alcohol or are overweight or sleeping less, beware of heatstroke

Published on March 31, 2008

The hot season is earlier and fiercer than before. The mercury in many provin-ces is already hitting 40 degrees Celsius.

The Met Office says temperatures are soaring in Tak and Uttaradit. Bureau boss Somchai Baimoung says "it's very early for temperatures to be this high.

"The hottest period this year will probably be in the third or fourth week of April."

Somchai warns April 12 to April 16 Songkran Festival heat will be blistering this year, and easily hotter than last.

The highest reading forecast by the bureau is 43C in the Northeast. Experts blame the blazing heat on deforestation to make way for rice paddy in the Northeast. Replanting woodlands will reduce the temperature.

"Personally, I think the planet is hotter because there are fewer forests, there is more concrete - which reflects heat. This is obvious in Bangkok, a city covered in concrete. The lowest temperature in the capital is higher than the lowest outside the city," one tells DailyXpress.

"Although the Intergovern-mental Panel on Climate Change says 20th-century average temperatures were higher by about 1C, it feels like it's hotter than that," he says.

The Public Health Ministry is warning people to avoid heat-stroke, which can kill.

Medical Services Department boss Dr Rewat Wisarutwej says children, the elderly, those with high blood pressure, overweight people, poor sleepers and heavy drinkers need to be extra careful.

Rewat advises you drink two litres of water a day - that's six to eight glasses. Heat-stroke symptoms include headache, vomiting and no perspiring in hot weather.

xtra

scorching

temperatures

>> 40-430 Celsius expected in Mae Hong Son, Chiang Mai, Lampang, Lamphun, Nan, Phrae, Uttaradit, Sukhothai, Tak, Khampang Phet, Phetchabun and all 19 provinces in the Northeast.

>> 40-420 Celsius expected in Nakhon Sawan, Lop Buri, Kanchanaburi, Suphan Buri, Prachin Buri and Sakaew.

By Wannapa Phetdee

PS: 420-430 Celsius seems a tad hot!!
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Well spank my arse and call me Susan, that's damned hot!! Still its preferable to London at the moment, where its as cold as a pint of cheese...
www.35mmview.com
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

Lomu
Have had a scorcher here in Perth this year, rained today for only about the 2nd day since xmas/newyear.
I would guess that from new year to now the temps have been between high twenties to 40°c plus everyday for the last 3 months.
Good thing here the heat is a dry heat and not humid like LOS or the east coast.
But in saying that has been a great summer and able to get out and about all of the time.
Have not took much notice of the advice of not drinking alcohol though. Noting better on a hot day than a few cold beers.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Randy Cornhole wrote:Well spank my arse and call me Susan, that's damned hot!! Still its preferable to London at the moment, where its as cold as a pint of cheese...
Susan, I wouldn't touch your botty with a long tail.

I don't care too much about the cheese or the cold (ok, I lied about the cheese), but it may be almost worth it for a decent pint. Having said that, how many baht would it be these days? At a guess almost 300?

God, I'm drooling and shuddering at the same time. Must be time for bed.
This is the way