British GP

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

British GP

Post by JW »

Awesome drive from Lewis - this guy can really handle the wet - good strategy and tyre decisions along with his great driving saw him through. Massa liked like he was on ice!!

Really entertaining race - just got a little too wet which made it a bit of a lottery.
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

JW, have to agree with you on Hamilton's drive, commentators were a bit worried about his tyre selections especially when Barracello went onto full wets. But in the end Lewis extended his lead.

In his interview after the race he was saying that he could hardly see at times as his visor kept fogging up. It would be hard enough to control the car in the wet if you can see, let alone with impaired vision.

Was great for him to win his home race with such an outstanding drive. Now will be interesting the next few races with so little points between the top drivers.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Hi Chelsea,

Will be an exciting second half of the season, should be a cracker.

On the vision thing - one of the most frightening track days i had involved a Formula Ford (110bhp approx - limited to 4500rpm) and heavy rain. I reckon I couldnt drive anymore than about 70mph and i was crapping myself - guys driving F1 cars in those conditions deserve all of the praise they they get.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

JW, On the 28 of June i crewed on a yacht in the JP Morgan around the island race ( isle of wight) Lewis Hamilton was racing on a yacht called Hugo Boss, on the start line his yacht had a collision with a yacht named Aviva, Aviva was dis-masted and forced to retire.Lewis's yacht Hugo boss completed the race but got disqulified on it's return to Cowes.Very pleased to see the lad had a better week. :D
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

JW, is bad enough on the motorway at 70mph with the wipers on 2nd speed, let alone around a track with no wipers and only a visor to see through. How he stayed on the track was amazing.

But once he got to the front he could get away from the others, but then it was not long before he catches up with the rest of the field, and lapping back markers can be harder than overtaking the good drivers.

Not sure where Weber finished, but early on he was going great guns after being relegated back to last on the early laps. At one stage he was lapping fastest.

Anyway, will be a good 2nd half of the season, can see a lot of late Sunday Nights/Monday Mornings as it is on free to air TV here and does not normally start until about midnight.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Agree with you all about the fantastic race. A well-deserved win by Hamilton. It was also great to see Barrichello back on the podium - he really couldn't stop smiling - such a likeable man.

Like you JW, I've had a drive or two in a FF1600 - always in the dry though - and that was scary enough! When you see the F1 cars twitching on what is basically an ice rink at around 200mph, and they still manage to keep control, it makes you realise how good they really are.

So we have Hamilton, Massa & Raikkonen on equal points: 48 - with Kubica snapping at their heels with 46. It all bodes well for an exciting season :) (for a change...).

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Kendo - he is young and prone to the odd clanger!! Hope he didnt get in your way to much or run up your backend!

I have spoken to a friend who used to race karts with him, apparently he has always been excellent in the wet and a bit wild!

They must be really exciting thing to be on, a real team effort to make it all come together.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

JW, Lewis Hamiltons yacht multi-million pound entry, our yacht 10 grand private entry, not quite in the same class, and yes a real team effort 8 hour's of being very wet and cold, and no big corporate support and hospitality waiting for us.If you google JP Morgan around the island race you will see this fomula 1 prodigy.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

As an avid F-1 fan I can recall at the start of this season the speculation about the effects of the banning of Traction Control.

Well - we saw it on Sunday. :shock:

These fellas now have to DRIVE the cars THEMSELVES. 8)

Fantastic stuff, superb performance from Lewis and truly great to see Barrichello smiling again!

I don't think there's been such a close run championship for many a year.

Bring it on :P