HHAD membership requested changes

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: HHAD membership requested changes

Post by Randy Cornhole »

deepee, I ventured twix the NC sheets once and by jiggery it will make your eyes curl up and wither.
Its awash with lost souls seekins solice and as the name suggests it takes place at night and appears to involve crawling around...?

I advise you strongly not to entertain any ideas of seeking the room in question. Unless you are particulary strong of mind and stout pant... :shock:
www.35mmview.com
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

Thats three of us then i have never been there either
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

We have added the following clause to our terms and conditions to cover thread locking:

Locking Threads
We do not wish to lock any threads but occasionally have to do so out of necessity. If you find one of your threads locked it is probably for one of the following reasons:
1) It is a duplicate of an existing topic (it will be locked and re-directed).
2) Members have repeatedly violated these terms and conditions in the thread.
3) It has turned into a flame war with personal insults, hate speech, extremism and racist comments.
4) It is a business plug or blatant self promotion from a non-site sponsor.
5) It contains comments or remarks that could be considered defamatory to another person or business.
We will offer an explanation for any thread we lock, we are also open to feedback via private message and can re-open threads if necessary; as stated, thread locking is our last resort before taking action towards individual members.

We are still discussing what to do with real estate topics and the prevalence of rumours and heresay as opposed to hard news.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

So what the hell is PROBATION?

Do I have to report to MIB weekly or monthly?

Who is my probation officer?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

It means that you will be monitored and will not get any further chances should you break the rules of this forum again, you have already been suspended twice - there won't be a third.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Are there standard amounts of time allocated for which someone is "suspended" or "on probation" or is it discretionary on circumstance?

Edit: Hi Richard, finally let you out again I see. :thumb:
Last edited by Spitfire on Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

richard wrote:So what the hell is PROBATION?

Do I have to report to MIB weekly or monthly?

Who is my probation officer?
:laugh:

Nice Chillies Richard!
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Guess I'll skip probation and do a runner :laugh: :run:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

It's not Tricky to find you when you go AWOL :)
no more dePreston
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

poosmate wrote:It's not Tricky to find you when you go AWOL :)
Precisely. :roll:

This thread is about changes to HHAD policy so lets keep to it.

There will soon be some progress towards real estate discussion also.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Hello Mods/Admin,
I am aware that we have debated this before but can you make a extra conjecture/conspiracy or rather 'alternative' thread section/sub-section where the threads that take root in something less than reality, or are a personal crusade of a member, can be nurtured/thrashed out. I would have put this in the previous thread concerning this but, ironically, it managed to get itself locked. :roll:

"Current Affairs" is turning into a rant-it-up as you like free-for-all and if you look at the top ten threads currently in the list then only about 2 or 3 have any relevance to 'World Affairs'.

This is only a personal opinion, and I know that counts for zip, but it's bollox really. I don't want to hear what Alex Jones thinks about the lay-lines of Stone Henge, or any other subject for that matter, in "Current Affairs" because it's certainly not said subject (Current Affairs).

However, if I read it in a section called something like "Alternative ideas and explanations of subjects" then that would be fine, I can take it or leave it.

How many times I see a new post by someone in the current affairs section on the index page, then sign in to read it, only to find it's a bitching match quoting some of the most ridiculous material that can be found. :roll:

It is not "Current Affairs!"

My apologies to anyone that may post frequently or occasionally in said forum as I also do sometimes, not a pop at anyone, just a request to separate it all for the benefit of all.

Sorry if this is too pro-actively pertinent in a way that suggests affirmative action, not my intention, just a casual delivery of idle opinion which belongs to someone that has little relevance but feels obliged to share it so it can be mulled in general by many.

:cheers:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

Spitfire. I actually agree with you. It's partly why I created a topic to corral some of the controversial views... 'A Vast Tapestry of Lies'. In it can go almost anything. It's also why I asked for a section on Alternative medicine.

A separate section called 'Controversial Topics' is one idea. Or simply ban them. Then those who spawn them can go elsewhere and those that hate them can relax a bit. Moderators can use their discretion as to what is allowable. Considering the antagonism that is generated, I would have no problem with this. Peace, hopefully, will then rein. Somehow I doubt if it would work, though because, as far as I know, no-one is writing about the more outlandish stories that can be found on the front page of National Enquirer. If they were then it would be right to direct them to another web site, where they can happily discuss UFO sightings.

I do create a number of these topics to stimulate debate and to expose what appear to be falsehoods. I don't find them a problem. In fact, I find them fascinating. Like 'whodunit's', reality is stranger than fiction. But they are obviously disturbing to some people. Is it a 'personal crusade'? Sometimes. I don't really think of it that way. More that there are so many juicy topics to sink your teeth into. Are they all just wild fantasy? I've yet to see any of them shown to be such. It should be easy. Right?

There ARE members who can discuss them and remain unflustered. Steve is a good example. I respond to him, I hope, as civilly as he does to me. If everyone else would do the same then we could have tea and scones for afters. Why the 'pavlovian pups' allow themselves to get so bent out of shape is beyond me. I enjoy MrS contributions which are feisty and entertaining. I don't care for his incredibly offensive condemnation of everyone who lives their lives according to faith but I certainly wouldn't like to see him banned. He sure beats the one-line drive-by shootings from keyboard warriors.

I think because it's predominantly a 'falang' forum, it's easy to forget we live in a Buddhist culture and there are Thai Muslims even in Hua Hin. Yes, I have strong opinions on Zionism and its various tentacles but so do moderate Jews, whose voices are not heard in the mainstream.

A big problem is the tactic of painting everything with the 'CT' brush, in order to discredit the topic or the originator. This is just another form of flaming or trolling. Those who adopt this tactic are starting to look like Jockey in reverse. They spend more time on these sites than he did. :shock: The consequence is that life is constantly breathed into topics that would just wither on the vine. It wouldn't matter where you put them, the pups will follow. Like rabbits caught in headlights they can't help themselves. Draw your own conclusions as to the pathology.

It's not an easy issue to adjudicate. Go to the BBC 'Have Your Say' site and the comments section of most mainstream newspapers. You will see the same arguments. And the same level of vitriol. :shock:
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Thanks for the suggestions, we certainly do not want to stifle and topics, ban any members, or send them to other websites. The only thing we do not approve of is personal attacks based on differing opinions and those who blame the forum and its moderators for the material posted by its members. We have nothing to do with the opinions and material posted in the CA section, sadly many fail to see that and are quick to accuse HHAD of being racist/extremist/anti-Thai/anti-farang/republican/democrat/pro-censorship/anti-semitic/dog haters (delete as appropriate). This is the primary reason people get banned - because they have blamed us and accused us of taking a side or having an agenda following their disagreement with another member.

We are none of these and, as stated in our T&Cs:
HHAD and it's staff will not be held responsible for anything posted on this message board. It is a public forum and any advice given by members regarding legal, visa, financial or property concerns are not the responsibility of HHAD, use this forum at your own discretion. By agreeing to these terms and conditions when you register you agree that HHAD and its staff does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on this forum.
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

IMHO most of the alternative medicine threads and to some extent the CT threads (they attract like minded people) are nothing more than subliminal ADVERTISING for a couple of members to attract customers for the odd funnel hosepipe and coffee lahte @10 grand a pop

how about a fixed advertising fee say 1,000 Bt a thread for anyone starting threads on these 2 topics you never know that may focus their minds

as for a seperate subforum as ONE member would like. i have no problem and i am sure he will be glad and willing to pay a hefty few sovereigns for his own personal subforum (say 50% of HHADs costs)(he can split it 50/50 with his alter ego)

after all its cheaper than setting up his own website (which would get less interest than 2 gnats bonking)

and with luck it may stop him/them riding free on the backs of this forum
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Does 'probation' mean you will not get an email reminder that someone has responded to your My settings seem OK
RICHARD OF LOXLEY