Hua Hin hospital special medical clinic

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
duan

Re: Hua Hin Hospital Express Clinic has moved

Post by duan »

Could you please explain for a Hua Hin hospital novice who has a registration card there precisely what steps I have to take to get to the Express Clinic. Presumably I need to queue up at the main reception area at window 2 or is it 3 first and explain that I want to pay for the Express Clinic and then go straight there?
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

No. When you walk in there are a row of windows. Go around the corner to the left and register at the first window. Go out the rear entrance, turn right, enter the purple building, take the elevator to the 5th. floor, turn left and you'll be facing the express clinic. Afterward go back down to registration and go to 2 windows to the right of the one you registered at and pay there.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

My MIL goes to HH hospital for her diabetes. It seems they only work on it certain days of the week. Does anyone know if this express works for diabetes checkups?
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, that's what my regular check-ups are for.

My wife also has regular check-ups for the same thing, but if we use the Express Clinic for her, she has to pay for everything, so she does it 'Thai Style' and everything is 100% free - one of her medications would cost 100 Baht/day, so queueing certainly pays in her case.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
duan

Post by duan »

Many thanks for the quick response Handdrummer greatly appreciated
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Thanks BB!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

handdrummer wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:17 am No. When you walk in there are a row of windows. Go around the corner to the left and register at the first window. Go out the rear entrance, turn right, enter the purple building, take the elevator to the 5th. floor, turn left and you'll be facing the express clinic. Afterward go back down to registration and go to 2 windows to the right of the one you registered at and pay there.
Sorry, I missed this when first posted. I'm a fairly regular customer, and the only bit I recognise is the bit I've turned red. I guess there are different procedures for different conditions.

Points 51; Position 21
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:17 pm
handdrummer wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:17 am No. When you walk in there are a row of windows. Go around the corner to the left and register at the first window. Go out the rear entrance, turn right, enter the purple building, take the elevator to the 5th. floor, turn left and you'll be facing the express clinic. Afterward go back down to registration and go to 2 windows to the right of the one you registered at and pay there.
Sorry, I missed this when first posted. I'm a fairly regular customer, and the only bit I recognise is the bit I've turned red. I guess there are different procedures for different conditions.
That's possible. Maybe, if you have to see a Dr., the procedure is different. Different windows for different services?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've never bothered with a window when I arrive - just go straight to the clinic.

Points 51; Position 21
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:44 pm I've never bothered with a window when I arrive - just go straight to the clinic.
The first time I went there I was told to go to the window when I came for service. It's like immigration, you never know when things will change or what they will change to. If I have to go back I'll try going straight to the clinic. I've had horrible experiences with doctors and try to avoid them if possible.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:laugh: Probably right - depends on who is there on the day.

Points 51; Position 21
duan

Post by duan »

Am I correct in thinking that the Express Clinic is open everyday in the morning only?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

AFAIK it is weekdays only, until 4. Mind you, I've only turned up am.

Points 51; Position 21
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Has the BKK Hospital HH, improved the medical care in HH. YES it has, by incentivizing the Thai Hospitals, esp HH Hospital to improve their care to ex-pats and tourists.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Do you honestly believe the HUGE investment in Hua Hin Hospital is down to the provision of a Bangkok Hospital? You could probably put Bangkok Hospital into just 1/10th of the new developments at Hua Hin Hospital. Your statement is like somebody buying a pea shooter, so the government send in a regiment of highly trained troops to defend against it.

The Express clinic is a facility of the hospital that Farangs take advantage of. Look at the faces in the photos Lost objected to. How many Farangs are using the service? At the time of the photo, I was the only one - 2 other Farangs came along later.

Honestly, how many Farangs live here full time. Have you actually taken time to see the huge developments at Hua Hin Hospital? I am delighted to see them, and will use them, but if you think it has anything to do with Bangkok Hospital, you are deluded. The people of Hua Hin are being blessed with a top public hospital.

Points 51; Position 21