Coronavirus Precautions/News/Updates for Hua Hin/Prachuap

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
PeteC

Re: Coronavirus Precautions/News/Updates for Hua Hin/Prachuap

Post by PeteC »

Thai gov considering new “Wellness Sandbox” scheme to boost economy

https://www.thaienquirer.com/36813/thai ... t-economy/

The Center for Economic Situation Administration (CESA), chaired by Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-ocha, agreed to the proposal to bolster Prachuap Khiri Khan’s Hua Hin district and Phetchaburi’s Cha-am district as Thailand’s new health tourism destinations.

Both districts are currently not a part of “Blue Zone” provinces, where tourist sandboxes are located, which only include Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Chonburi, Kanchanaburi, Phuket, Krabi and Phang Nga at the moment. The next sandbox will be launched in Trat, but only on the island of Koh Chang, on February 1.

The new scheme is called “Thailand Wellness Sandbox” and the Tourism Authority of Thailand will now work with other related agencies to come up with an implementation plan to revamp Hua Hin and Cha-am’s image as medical tourism destinations and create branding for value-added health products and services.

The TAT and CESA did not mention when the proposal will be submitted to the cabinet.

Taopiphop Limjittrakorn, a member of parliament for the Move Forward Party and former tour guide, welcomed the news and told Thai Enquirer that the reopening of tourism is necessary to generate revenue.

“Enabling a new tourism program would be beneficial to entrepreneurs and the country’s revenue,” he said. “What needs to be done is to prepare public health for visitors.”

He said that it’s time for the country to completely open its doors. He added the state needs to stop repeatedly opening up and then abruptly shutting out visitors again.

Thailand’s tourism industry generated a revenue of around three trillion baht in 2019. But then it dropped to 800 billion baht in 2020. Some estimates say that revenue from the tourism sector will not exceed 400 billion baht in 2021.

The country earned 59.8 billion baht from the medical tourism industry in 2019. However, the industry contracted by 90 per cent year-on-year in 2021, with only 10,000-20,000 visiting for medical purposes, the Kasikorn Research Center said. They expect the industry to recover this year from the gradual reopening of the country.

Thailand is currently home to 64 hospitals that meet Joint Commission International accreditation standards, the fourth highest in the world. Most of their clients were largely from America, Europe and the Middle East.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

So is HH not a 'blue zone within an orange province' any more. Confused!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HHTel wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:02 am Confused!
You've probably just passed the test to become a Thai politician :run:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Cases.png
Cases.png (145.56 KiB) Viewed 850 times

Points 51; Position 21
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

HHTel wrote:So is HH not a 'blue zone within an orange province' any more. Confused!
The article, which is a newspaper article not a government publication, says that both HH and C-A are not in blue provinces. This is correct. It doesn't say that HH and C-A municipalities are not blue zones, which they are.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Concerning the above I scratch my head as to which medical facilities are up to the task of handling health tourism? Bangkok Hospital seems too small to me in comparison to their facilities in other locations. Who else is there that could be said operates to international standards that foreign medical tourists would find acceptable?
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

PeteC wrote:Concerning the above I scratch my head as to which medical facilities are up to the task of handling health tourism? Bangkok Hospital seems too small to me in comparison to their facilities in other locations. Who else is there that could be said operates to international standards that foreign medical tourists would find acceptable?
Possibly someone wants to build a big expensive hospital.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

COVID-19 Situation of​ 22 January 2022​
Prachuap Khiri Khan province
New cases: 75
———————————
Hua Hin: +21
Pranburi​: +21
Samroiyod: +7
Kuiburi​: +1
Prachuap​Khiri​Khan​: +17
Thapsakea​: +2
Bangsapan​ : +2
Bangsapan​Noi: +1
 infected​ from​ other​ country: +3

⚠️8 of​75 cases​ infected​ from​ other​ province
⚠️3 of​ 75 cases​ infected​ from​ other​ country​

❗️Note: For more detailed information(in Thai) go to https://www.facebook.com/ssjpcko/
Attachments
FB_IMG_1642841972388.jpg
FB_IMG_1642841972388.jpg (70.27 KiB) Viewed 703 times
FB_IMG_1642841870451.jpg
FB_IMG_1642841870451.jpg (83.28 KiB) Viewed 703 times
received_1177749232754172.jpeg
(90 KiB) Downloaded 673 times
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Edited to show weekly % based on previous week.
Cases.png
Cases.png (203.47 KiB) Viewed 500 times

Points 51; Position 21
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Big Boy wrote:
Cases.png
Almost 20% down on last week for Hua Hin. Good news

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm not so sure. I'm hearing of more cases than I've heard since Covid began. However, I think people are testing/treating themselves, and getting away with it because Omicron is so much milder. It is not being reported formally.

Interestingly, there is at least one bar area in town insisting everybody test themselves before allowing entry.

Points 51; Position 21
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I think that many of us came to the conclusion a long time ago that the published figures are at best, a clue as to what’s happening in reality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

I'm not really overly concerned about the numbers infected(Omicron). I'd rather want to see figures of persons hospitalized and in ICU with this strain. I've said it before, the "junta" will want to drag this out as long as possible as a means to control the population.
I would hazard a guess that current daily Covid deaths are no worse than any "flu" season figures.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Dannie Boy wrote:I think that many of us came to the conclusion a long time ago that the published figures are at best, a clue as to what’s happening in reality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Indeed Dannie. I can only compare apples with apples.

I don't disagree with BB's point, namely that not all cases are reported, but they never were. Perhaps slightly more so recently, who knows?

But equally there has been a near 20% drop in reported cases last week (HH) so just seeing the positive in that

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Covid-19 situation report in Cha Am Municipality for last 2 weeks.
January Monday 10 to January Sunday 16
62 new cases / 35 recovered/no death
Total 1894 patients/Total recovered 1826/Total deaths 12

January Monday 17 to January Sunday 23
56 new cases / 45 recovered/no death
Total 1950 patients/Total recovered 1871/Total deaths 12

For more information FB link for reference: https://www.facebook.com/365468416823260