Fiber internet with 3BB Hua Hin

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Fiber internet with 3bb Hua Hin

Post by HHTel »

BB, what do you use to download movies?
I download from YTS using bitcomet and a 2 gb movie usually takes around 3 mins. Of course it does depend on how many seeds/peers are on line.
Incidentally, YTS have around 100, 4K movies but the file sizes are considerably higher.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I actually used KAT yesterday - the first time for a longtime as it was the only decent download of the football movie, and it was painfully slow, but better than other options I could find (no seeders on Pirate Bay). I normally use The Pirate Bay.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Thanks, BB. Never tried KAT but have used Pirate Bay on occasion.
The beauty about YTS is that it's almost always 1080 (plus as I said, a hundred or so 4K movies)

They have around 20,000 movies available.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

PeteC wrote:Below is what I have from TOT. Ignore "Hansson3" as that's my neighbor's house. What's coming to the house from TOT is the top and bottom listing. The first being the normal, 2.4G connection, and the last what they call the 5G connection. That is the one to use for any video streaming. It's faster, but the distance via wi-fi is much less than the 2.4G normal connection. I think this is what BB is talking about on his AIS system, as I too have to switch between the two on my various wi-fi connected devices. I would think all the ISP's here offer the same switching options.

phps7Vj3APM.jpg
I'm sorry, but those links are not coming from TOT. They terminate in your router and the names are only informative, you could just as easily call them A, B, C etc. Your router provides an interface between the TOT network, and your own private WiFi network(s) as well as actually enabling the WiFi networks by providing wireless access point functionality.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Does it matter what it's called? I contacted AIS with a problem, and they arranged for me to connect to what they called 5G. TOT obviously call it the same. The point is, the poster should contact 3BB and find out if he has what Thais call 5G, and can it be enabled please. He might then also experience better internet speeds.

If we go down your road, if he mustn't call and ask for 5G, what do you suggest he asks for?

Points 51; Position 21
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

It was a meaningless point in regards to what we're talking about. In my case TOT named the connections as shown upon installation, not me, simply to differentiate between the two speeds, and that's the names they look for when there is a router or network problem and they come for service. In fact they asked me not to change the names of those two. It's common knowledge that you can name your connections what you want, as I did with the "extender" names.

We are further away than usual from the OP's question. :laugh: , but it has been answered I believe that things are not always in the users control here when it comes to what service you can get. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:Does it matter what it's called? I contacted AIS with a problem, and they arranged for me to connect to what they called 5G. TOT obviously call it the same. The point is, the poster should contact 3BB and find out if he has what Thais call 5G, and can it be enabled please. He might then also experience better internet speeds.

If we go down your road, if he mustn't call and ask for 5G, what do you suggest he asks for?
Wow! Sorry that I've offended you. It just seemed to me that you were confused about 4G being some form of WiFi. If you call AIS and talk about 5G you need to make sure you're both talking about the same thing, especially as they do both kinds of 5G. He should ask for help setting up 5 GHz (gigahertz) WiFi (or just 5G WiFi :) ) on his router.

He will certainly get better speeds on his PC, phone, whatever, but only if it supports 5GHz WiFi.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, we talked about bandwidth, AIS mentioned 5G.

Points 51; Position 21
buksida

Post by buksida »

hhinner is correct, there are two types of '5G' that are totally unrelated. It is highly likely that AIS/3BB/TOT are just using the term to sell their packages and don't know how to explain the difference either. Additionally, only the latest smartphones are likely to be 5G compatible, I know my two-year-old one isnt!

More info for those interested: https://www.howtogeek.com/398620/whats- ... ghz-wi-fi/

More on Thailand's 5G coverage here: https://www.thaienquirer.com/9292/no-re ... d-for-now/

AIS claims to have it in every province but its definitely not available where I live!
https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/19 ... y-province
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

buksida wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:47 am AIS claims to have it in every province but its definitely not available where I live!
https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/19 ... y-province
It is in your province - I am living proof. However, even in Hua Hin, availability is very limited.

Points 51; Position 21
buksida

Post by buksida »

I said it is not available where I live - which is at the other end of the provice to you!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Simply confirming what you said :D

Points 51; Position 21
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

This tread is some months old but I allow me to "wake it up" and ask what the forum members would choose if limit themselves to the below choices in Hua Hin?

https://www.3bb.co.th/3bb/product/internet_package/2

https://www.ais.co.th/fibre/en/package_ ... vance.html

Reason for question. I change condo in same building after New Year and there is no preinstalled Internet connection.

Thank you
hahuahin
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've used both companies. 3BB were fine until the eve of the World Cup Finals when it broke. I used to receive football TV via the Internet - they said they were too busy to fix it for several weeks. I changed provider within the hour.

I am now with AIS.I think they are excellent. I have 3 TV boxes off them as well. I can't fault them, and have received 2 significant price reductions this year. Excellent bandwidth, operating 3 HD TV boxes, mobile telephones and computers. Also my son using Zoom to teach worldwide interacting with many students at the same time. Never a glitch.

Points 51; Position 21
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

:) Thank you, Big Boy.