Uefa Women's Euro 2022

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
pharvey

Re: Uefa Women's Euro 2022

Post by pharvey »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:54 pm Could??? What you talking about DB? It's coming home - end of :duck: :run:
Oh dear........ You really do need to spend more time in the shade BB... :wink: :D
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm quite happy hoping. Law of averages say it will happen one day. May not be in my lifetime, but without hope, what else is left? :sun: :sun: :sun:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:55 pm ......without hope, what else is left? :sun: :sun: :sun:
And there you have it!! :D :bow:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’ve just read that the highest paid member of Englands winning team, captain Leah Williamson earned some £200,000 last year - the same as Harry Kane earns in a week and of course there are other Premier League players getting more. I can’t see it changing very much in the short term either, despite their success!!
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:16 pm I’ve just read that the highest paid member of Englands winning team, captain Leah Williamson earned some £200,000 last year - the same as Harry Kane earns in a week and of course there are other Premier League players getting more. I can’t see it changing very much in the short term either, despite their success!!
Indeed. They want more parity with the men's game - how about start with reducing the men's salary to slightly more realistic levels!!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

pharvey wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:41 pm
Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:16 pm I’ve just read that the highest paid member of Englands winning team, captain Leah Williamson earned some £200,000 last year - the same as Harry Kane earns in a week and of course there are other Premier League players getting more. I can’t see it changing very much in the short term either, despite their success!!
Indeed. They want more parity with the men's game - how about start with reducing the men's salary to slightly more realistic levels!!
You’d drown in all the tears if you tried that!!