TV series worth watching/downloading

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: TV series worth downloading

Post by hhfarang »

^ It turned out that Raylan and Boyd were actually in love with each other since childhood and in the end they made up and moved to California so they could get married (same sex marriage is not recognized in Kentucky!).
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Awww and i wasn't going to tell
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

A TV series called Turn, Washington's Spies is just starting it's second season. I just "power watched" the first season and it's pretty entertaining. The spy part is based in truth as there were a couple of famous spies working for Washington who are portrayed in the show and who are credited, in part, for the success of the revolution.

Though the American slant may offend some English sensibilities, it's pretty well cast and acted and has the obligatory villain and romantic entanglements for those who require them to stay interested.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
toddyp
Rookie
Rookie

Post by toddyp »

better call saul a bit slow to start but worth it also real husband of hollywood kevin hart main character very funny and vikings is an absolute legend show
buksida

Post by buksida »

The BBC are currently running a series called Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell based on Susanna Clarke's outstanding novel about two magicians in 1800s England.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Heard today that Strikeback returns on Sky next Wednesday.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Hannibal season 3 started yesterday.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

TV series worth downloading

Post by Henry 14th »

Homer wrote:Hannibal season 3 started yesterday.
Have you see it yet?

I will wait to get 3 or 4 ready for a mini binge. I did enjoy the first 2 seasons a lot.

I heard that the producers of the TV series are unable to get rights to include Claris Starling's character. Shame if that's the case and understand why!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkkghkc. Molk a
A

ZvV
ImageImage
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Henry 14th wrote:
Homer wrote:Hannibal season 3 started yesterday.
Have you see it yet?
Nope. Had a fresh copy of a movie I wanted to see first.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Anybody watching series 5 of Strike Back?
It's set in Bangkok with loads of seedy low-life Brit expats, sleazy bars and corrupt cops.
If they could just make it a bit more true to life, it would be quite good...
This is the way
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

dtaai-maai wrote:Anybody watching series 5 of Strike Back?
It's set in Bangkok with loads of seedy low-life Brit expats, sleazy bars and corrupt cops.
If they could just make it a bit more true to life, it would be quite good...
Yes I mentioned it in a post above last week and then watched it a few days ago. As you say, it's set in down town Bangkok with lots of far-fetched action, but still enjoyable and worth a watch, although IMO, not as good as previous series, but that's maybe judging it too hastily after just one episode. :cheers:
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Doesn't start here in the states until July 31
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

For Walking Dead fans.

After AMC saw the pilot for Walking Dead, they asked Matthew Weiner for his opinion. Weiner created Mad Men for AMC. The network had the same concerns about Walking Dead as it had after seeing the pilot of Mad Men: It was excellent, but was that enough to overcome it being unlike any show before on TV. Weiner said Walking Dead was going to be huge because the country was in an angry mood. It needed the safe release of a show where it was OK to kill people, both strangers and ones you knew, who you thought needed killing.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

For those that enjoy "Spooks" type programmes, a series called the Interceptors is being shown on BBC1 on Wednesdays, this week was episode 2 and available via Thai Expat TV - I found it very watchable.
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

True Detective Season 2 started on HBO on June 21st. I am sure it will be available soon for download.

http://www.hbo.com/true-detective