New Bar district?

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

Beguine,
I don't know where you got this story but I don't remember this at all; I have done a search on here and on Google too and found nothing, although there was mention of a Swede being stabbed in Pattaya. There has been trouble in the bazaar before but nothing different than you would expect anywhere in that situation - late night, lots of drunk people.
I think your post is a bit over the top;
at best can lead to the farang being dumped with the Thais' bill and at worst being dead in the gutter
the number of farangs murdered in Hua Hin in the time I have been here (three and a half years) is extremely small, and your slur against the Thais regarding their bill I have never come across; I accept it may have happened to you but you can't brand everyone because of it, or make others fearful of that area.
Beguine

Post by Beguine »

I am sorry if you thought it was over the top. I have no vested interests in bars or other businesses in Hua Hin and just provide my own impressions. I would not discourage people from visiting the bazaar but would urge them to discretely back away from groups of extremely drunk Thai males there or anywhere else. I remember noting the story in the newspaper because it was soon after I had the mild brush with Thai drunks in the bazaar but I can't remember exactly when it was. I have not made it up but I can't tell you why it is not written up and findable on the net. There are often stories that I can't find on the net too. Yes, there are thankfully few murders of farangs in Hua Hin (although a farang murdered a bar girl not long ago). Yes, the bill thing has happened to me years ago in Phuket - e.g. "you drink Thai whisky with me" (and you pay for it too) -and I have heard of others that it has happened to. Maybe it's related to the Thai cultural thing that the person with the highest status has to pay the bill.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

There are plans for a new airport in BK but it hasn't happened yet?

TIT

Sure, rumours have been rife about closures and sure, several establishments are being converted and sure, new bars are springing up further afield, but my guess is the bar scenario will remain for some time yet
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

new bar district

Post by sargeant »

oooh such nostalgia

it takes me back to my oh so long ago days when we sat in the hogs breath ch am chicken coop the coconut etc etc and discussed such new topics as visa tightening company and land laws and of course the moving of bintabaht. I was so young then a mere stripling of 50 and now at a sprightly 59 my fears that the next generation would have nothing to talk about have been proved groundless Sahto

sorry but only entered the forum a few weeks ago and still trolling the topics
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Re: new bar district

Post by Guess »

sargeant wrote:oooh such nostalgia

.............entered the forum a few weeks ago and still trolling the topics
I hope you really meant trawling.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Guess wrote:
I hope you really meant trawling.

Hi Guess, trawling and trolling are two different types of fishing, so I suppose if you can trawl a topic, you can also troll it. Unless you mean trolling as in looking for trolls, which would be harder to do, but not impossible on this forum, or even in the old Hogs Breath.
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

new bar district

Post by sargeant »

i was gonna try strolling but wont!! you guys would see through that one straight away.
it was just my bovinespongyformencepalopathy and age. cant spell crap these days cant remember buggerall and gone native officially
when i woke up and the girl was cuddled up legs and arms over me and did not throw her off in a pool of sweat cos i was bluddy cold
plus all this rain this year has leaked into my dictionary

sorrreeeee
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand