Cricket

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Cricket

Post by lindosfan1 »

Afghanistan 124 for 8, New Zealand135 for 2 easy win
This result means the Pakistan Scotland match will only decide if Pakistan are first or second. The India Namibia match is irrelevant neither can qualify for the semi finals. The semi finalists are England, Australia, Pakistan and New Zealand.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Pakistan 184 for 4 Scotland 117 for 6 Pakistan top table 2
Semi finals:
Australia v Pakistan that could be a very good match.
England v New Zealand England should win that but we are missing Roy and Mills
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Didn't England (and Wales) stuff Australia? I would think Pakistan are the ones to look out for?
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

pharvey wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:51 am Didn't England (and Wales) stuff Australia? I would think Pakistan are the ones to look out for?
England (and Wales) (and Eoin Morgan :laugh: ) did indeed stuff* Australia, but that was in one game 10 days ago. England v Pakistan is the sensible bet for the final, but anything could happen.

[* We don't actually use the term 'stuff' (or indeed 'Wales'...) in cricket circles, my dear old chap.]
snooty.jpg
snooty.jpg (7.91 KiB) Viewed 472 times
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:34 am [* We don't actually use the term 'stuff' (or indeed 'Wales'...) in cricket circles, my dear old chap.]
My apologies sir - I do forget my place at times..... :oops:
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Namibia 132 for 8 India 136 FOR 1. They are both out of the competition.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

pharvey wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:06 pm
dtaai-maai wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:34 am [* We don't actually use the term 'stuff' (or indeed 'Wales'...) in cricket circles, my dear old chap.]
DM is correct, however the governing body is called the England and Wales Cricket Board abbreviated to the ECB,so even the individuals who named it are confused. I have never heard of a Welsh cricket team, however there is a county team at Glamorgan which as you know is in Wales.
So next year to familiarise yourself to the magnificent game of cricket you could pop down to the ground and revel in the rudiments of cricket. :wink: I could reccommend a county match that lasts for 4 days :shock: . Whilst watching you could imbibe some of your favourite ales. :D On a sunny day you may have a snooze, you will not miss much and if you do you can watch the highlites on the television. :bow:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

lindosfan1 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:21 am
pharvey wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:06 pm
DM is correct, however the governing body is called the England and Wales Cricket Board abbreviated to the ECB,so even the individuals who named it are confused. I have never heard of a Welsh cricket team, however there is a county team at Glamorgan which as you know is in Wales.
So next year to familiarise yourself to the magnificent game of cricket you could pop down to the ground and revel in the rudiments of cricket. :wink: I could recommend a county match that lasts for 4 days :shock: . Whilst watching you could imbibe some of your favourite ales. :D On a sunny day you may have a snooze, you will not miss much and if you do you can watch the highlites on the television. :bow:
Oh come on Lindos you know as well as I do - DM is never "correct". He may border "right" on occasion, but well..... :wink: :roll:

Yes, I know Glamorgan very well and have enjoyed watching them on several occasions in Cardiff. "Tîm criced cenedlaethol Cymru" are worth a watch to those who believe Wales have no place in cricket! :wink: :neener:

Pretty sure I've said/posted before but had the joy of watching Somerset when Botham and Viv Richards were playing - this from my college room in Bristol. Cracking cricket, not such great physics....

:cheers: :cheers:
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Pretty sure I've said/posted before but had the joy of watching Somerset when Botham and Viv Richards were playing - this from my college room in Bristol. Cracking cricket, not such great physics....
Botham a brilliant all rounder, it was a pleasure watch him play. The Botham/Willis test match was one of the best matches ever to watch.
I support Kent some of the best England players came from there. Colin Cowdrey, Frank Woolley, Derek Underwood Les Ames and Alan Knott. Then the England spinners Laker and Lock, fast bowlers Trueman and Statham, memories :oops:
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Well England lost a poor performance, the bowling was not good apart from 2 bowlers, bowling wides, no balls and short balls in the closing overs was bad. Roy and Mills were missed. How ever New Zealand played very well so congratulations, now we wait to see who they play in the final.
:banghead:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

^ Obviously not enough Welsh players picked within the England (and Wales) Cricket Side/Board...... :neener: :wink:

Seriously, England seemed to be going all the way.... Perhaps not as much strength in depth as people thought?

A couple of key players out and fall at the last but one hurdle..... :(
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Well well an Antipodean final, Australia beating Pakistan.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Oh dear, NZ's Devon Conway was so cross with himself for getting out in the semi-final that he punched his bat, breaking his hand and ruling himself out of the final.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/cricket/59255492
This is the way
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

New Zealand 172 for 4 Australia 173 for 2 Australia win by 8 wickets.
Well that was disappointing I hoped England woukd win the 20/20 world cup.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

You have a real tempest going on there. :(

Azeem Rafiq: 'A trailblazer who has created a watershed moment'

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/59313889
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source