The 90 Day Report Thread

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: The 90 Day Report Thread

Post by handdrummer »

I write the due date on my desk calendar and go one or two days early, that eliminates anxiety and, if the rules have changed, gives me a couple of days to comply.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

caller wrote:
HHTel wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:15 pm Things have changed. The last 2 or 3 '90' day reports, there has been zero queue and in and out in a minute or two.
Yes, that has been my experience - until Friday
Time of year. Tourists. The place has been mobbed recently

Another question......

Can someone 90 day report for you? In other words do you physically have to be present?

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

thecolonel wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:00 am
caller wrote:
HHTel wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:15 pm Things have changed. The last 2 or 3 '90' day reports, there has been zero queue and in and out in a minute or two.
Yes, that has been my experience - until Friday
Time of year. Tourists. The place has been mobbed recently

Another question......

Can someone 90 day report for you? In other words do you physically have to be present?

Unless it has changed recently, anyone can take your passport in and do it. It can also be posted if you want to risk it!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Indeed. Where I am often I see factory representatives walk in with file boxes weighing many kilos filled with worker passports.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

PeteC wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:35 am Indeed. Where I am often I see factory representatives walk in with file boxes weighing many kilos filled with worker passports.
That makes the whole thing even more farcical.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

handdrummer wrote:
PeteC wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:35 am Indeed. Where I am often I see factory representatives walk in with file boxes weighing many kilos filled with worker passports.
That makes the whole thing even more farcical.
My thoughts entirely.

The foreigner could be anywhere for all they know

It begs the question as to what is actually the point of the exercise?

Well, other than just another excuse for tea money(late reporting)

If I'm mistaken, please enlighten me...

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If you are going to lie about your address, what difference does it make if you report the lie in person or not?

I have friends who report in person every 90 days, but they are still using an address they left 4 years ago.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

handdrummer wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:42 pm I write the due date on my desk calendar and go one or two days early, that eliminates anxiety and, if the rules have changed, gives me a couple of days to comply.
If you use Gmail you could send a reminder mail to yourself and postpone it until the preferred day.
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7622010
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I wonder if the 90 day report actually serves any real purpose. I didn't do one for 2 years when I arrived here. I didn't know you had to. Then it was reporting to any police station long before there was any immigration service in Hua Hin.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Theoretically it keeps the authorities informed where all of us smelly, dirty, Covid ridden Farangs are housed.

In reality, it keeps hundreds of Thais employed, administrating the system.

Points 51; Position 21
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

When Surachate Hakparn was in charge of immigration, before he was ousted in some kind of internal coup that has still not been explained, he had published that he was going to cancel the requirement for 90 day reporting. (Documented on here by me in some other thread at the time.)

His successor apparently didn't follow through on that idea. He was somewhat of a quick replacement and seems a non-forward thinker from what I read. I.E., foreigners represent a threat therefore the more tracking, the better. :roll:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The recent arrest of Immigration Officers presents a truer picture of where the real threat lies.

Points 51; Position 21
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

When I last did my 90-day report to the young parole officer, I asked her what is the purpose of the report. She looked startled and turned to the older officer who replied, "It's the law." I responded, "Yes, I know it's the law, but what is its purpose?" Again, she answered, "It's the law!" I said thank you and left.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Just had success with the 90-day online report. Turnaround time was the next day and I did it a week before expiry.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

Last week I tried to do my 90 day using the iPhone app. Never accepted my information. Then I tried using the web-based app and it worked just fine.

I think I know the reason. The iPhone app still asks for your TM-6 information. But, the web-based app no longer does that. I guess that's because the TM-6 has been (temporarily?) shelved.

Perhaps they forgot to update the iPhone app.