Buying a new smart TV

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
joelle
Legend
Legend

Re: Buying a new smart TV

Post by joelle »

When you buy a TV on Lazada does someone come to install it ?
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

joelle wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:24 am When you buy a TV on Lazada does someone come to install it ?
:lach:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:38 am
joelle wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:24 am When you buy a TV on Lazada does someone come to install it ?
As far as I’m aware, they don’t offer this even as a paid extra service - if it has to be wall mounted you might need someone to help, but if it’s fitting it onto a cabinet, then it’s pretty straightforward.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:42 am
Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:38 am
As far as I’m aware, they don’t offer this even as a paid extra service - if it has to be wall mounted you might need someone to help, but if it’s fitting it onto a cabinet, then it’s pretty straightforward.
I didn't mean fitting it I meant checking everything works properly?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

When I bought mine about 2 years ago, it was an expensive 'add-on' service by some sellers on Lazada. I didn't bother.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:00 am When I bought mine about 2 years ago, it was an expensive 'add-on' service by some sellers on Lazada. I didn't bother.
:thanks:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I bought mine about a year and a half ago through Lazada and they did put it together and test it. If memory serves me correctly, I think it was the seller's own courier.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

That’s probably the way to go if you can find a seller who uses their own courier service - I don’t think you could rely on the likes of Kerry to do it - some of our members even struggle to get them to deliver!! :duck:
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

HHTel wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:06 am I bought mine about a year and a half ago through Lazada and they did put it together and test it. If memory serves me correctly, I think it was the seller's own courier.
:thanks: for the reply
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Well, obviously I'm not in Thailand, but they're very easy to set up Joelle and the same will apply wherever you are - simply a case of connecting to wi-fi and following the clear instructions on the TV itself during "Setup".

Unless you need it mounted on a wall bracket etc, I wouldn't bother with any additional cost.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

pharvey wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:09 pm
Well, obviously I'm not in Thailand, but they're very easy to set up Joelle and the same will apply wherever you are - simply a case of connecting to wi-fi and following the clear instructions on the TV itself during "Setup".

Unless you need it mounted on a wall bracket etc, I wouldn't bother with any additional cost.

Ok fair enough, I always had someone coming to install it all and never bought on an online shop hence my question
thanks anyway for your reply :cheers:
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

pharvey I have been looking at these TV's do they come with all of this with no extra payment seems to good to be true.

Immerse yourself in breathtaking 4K HDR detail with the Hisense A7100F. 4K Ultra HD resolution delivers pin-sharp picture quality whilst HDR maximises contrast and colour accuracy. DTS studio sound blends volume levelling, dialogue & bass enhancement, and speaker EQ technologies to deliver a cinematic audio experience. UHD AI upscaler enhances all HD content to near-4K quality. Hisense's VIDAA U Smart TV OS lets you enjoy all your favourite shows from Netflix, Prime Video, Freeview Play and more. Alexa voice control via the Remote NOW app.
:cheers:
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

lindosfan1 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:28 am
pharvey I have been looking at these TV's do they come with all of this with no extra payment seems to good to be true.

"Immerse yourself in breathtaking 4K HDR detail with the Hisense A7100F. 4K Ultra HD resolution delivers pin-sharp picture quality whilst HDR maximises contrast and colour accuracy. DTS studio sound blends volume levelling, dialogue & bass enhancement, and speaker EQ technologies to deliver a cinematic audio experience. UHD AI upscaler enhances all HD content to near-4K quality. Hisense's VIDAA U Smart TV OS lets you enjoy all your favourite shows from Netflix, Prime Video, Freeview Play and more. Alexa voice control via the Remote NOW app".

Well....

[lindos] "4K HDR detail with the Hisense A7100F. 4K Ultra HD resolution delivers pin-sharp picture quality whilst HDR maximises contrast and colour accuracy." [lindos] - Yep, excellent picture. :thumb:

[lindos] DTS studio sound blends volume levelling, dialogue & bass enhancement, and speaker EQ technologies to deliver a cinematic audio experience. [lindos]

Sound is good - well very good, but I wouldn't exactly say it is a "cinematic audio experience" - add a Sound Bar (plenty on the market, but you need it to include a WiFi subwoofer to make it worthwhile). UK you can get a very decent system for +/-£100, but plenty on offer.

{lindos] Hisense's VIDAA U Smart TV OS lets you enjoy all your favourite shows from Netflix, Prime Video, Freeview Play and more. Alexa voice control via the Remote NOW app. [lindos]

The plus point with a new "Smart TV" is that you get all the new Apps and have the ability to download more - well for at least a while yet.

Unfortunately, you'll need a PAID account with the likes of Netflix, Prime, Disney Plus et al. - Freeview as the name states is free :D There are deals to be had though. With you being in the UK, you can get "trials" on pretty much all of them ranging from 7 Days to 1 Month (just remember to cancel).

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Thanks pharvey very helpful, I like the alexa bit. Will think about it.

Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Having just bought a 65" 4K smart Hisense TV, I'll give some feedback:

Pros
Picture quality is superb (compared to the previous 49" LG)
Runs on Android (not a restricted manufacturer's OS)
Price was a good 30-40% lower than the similar spec bigger brand names
Fast operation switching between inputs/apps etc

Cons
The sound is very weak and tinny (need additional speakers or a soundbar)
Won't play all video codecs (doesn't like AVI and some MKV files but I may try installing VLC on it)
TV streaming apps included are all paid subscriptions (I don't use most of what's built-in)
Tendency to turn itself on automatically (yes, I've disabled all that stuff but it still does it - need to leave it physically unplugged)

Overall, aside from a few niggles, I'm very pleased with the purchase.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson