Spelling mistakes

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

I'm sorry to resurrect an old thread gentlemen but I think the mods should have the auto-discretion to correct any spelling mistakes in thread titles that they feel is appropriate.

I have noticed a few recently and no corrections have manifested themselves.

The reason I have mentioned this is because the "top ten" threads are "syndicated" out to wherever, it looks silly if it's misspelt.

Sure nobody will mind. :cheers:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Jim
Guru
Guru

Post by Jim »

I'd go further. Anyone who wishes to converse in retarded teenage txt-speak should have to submit 30 posts to the Mods in English before they are allowed back on the forum.
ดวงขึ้น
จิม
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Jim wrote:I'd go further. Anyone who wishes to converse in retarded teenage txt-speak should have to submit 30 posts to the Mods in English before they are allowed back on the forum.
I’ll second that motion Jim, text speak was made redundant on mobile phones by the invention of predictive text messaging a good few years ago, so why anyone still uses it is beyond me.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

STEVE G wrote:
Jim wrote:I'd go further. Anyone who wishes to converse in retarded teenage txt-speak should have to submit 30 posts to the Mods in English before they are allowed back on the forum.
I’ll second that motion Jim, text speak was made redundant on mobile phones by the invention of predictive text messaging a good few years ago, so why anyone still uses it is beyond me.
UR rite tbh. I H8 it 2 M8. LOL. :thumb:
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

LOL winds me up the most, are they really laughing out loud or are they just T**Ts?
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Here’s a handy text speak translation site for those who can’t avoid communicating with teenagers: http://transl8it.com/cgi-win/index.pl
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

BaaBaa. wrote:LOL winds me up the most, are they really laughing out loud or are they just T**Ts?
LMFAO. :lach: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Hi chaps,
I am very suprised that this thread has bounced back, and
i feel quite pleased, in less than one year of being a member of this forum and studying ITQ level 2 IT, my personal literacy has improved but is not 100% however, life experiance and opinions are very important,i belive that you should not judge posters on there ability to express what opinion they wish to try and put forward on the forum.

When there was a massive interest rate cut in the U.K i watched this on the news and posted the info within 5 minuits if it breaking, as i know this would affect a lot of people living on pensions in Thailand, a one forum member ( not retired ) chose to attack me on the forum over my level of literacy a few forum members came out and showed me support at this personnel flaming and i had quite a few PM's and i would like to thank again these members :D .

Through your own eye's everyone has there own perspective of Thailand, and i think it's great to share this with the forum, i know a little bit, but i have learnt loads on this forum, some very sound advice. :cheers:

I would love to know how many people will own up to posting after having a good skin full of beer, i am the first member to hold both hands up :oops: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

My last thought before bed, a man that PM's telling me that he sold his house at 42, and has so much money he can live in Thailand forever and ever in a life of luxury, well my opinion on that, we have all met these foolish men that think the money will last forever, yeah right. :D

Kendo.
:cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

STEVE G wrote:
Long before mobile phone's this was spray painted down Hythe on the Promanade wall, this is going back 25 years a little bit of a quiz but very funny L O L O A Q I C I 8 2 Q B F I P.

Kendo.
:D :cheers: :D

BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Hello, Hello, a queue I see, I hate to queue before I pee.

kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

BaaBaa. wrote:Hello, Hello, a queue I see, I hate to queue before I pee.

Well done

kendo.
:cheers: :cheers:

margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Spelling Mistakes

Post by margaretcarnes »

Here's another (old) one for you Kendo -

2 Ys U R 2 Ys U B I C U R 2 Ys 4 ME!

BTW well done. It takes a lot of guts for people to admit literacy problems, and there are more folks around who have problems than many would imagine. :cheers:
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

For a bit of English regional text speak, in the days when some pubs used to have a car number plate over the bar with “RU 18” on it to discourage underage drinkers, I went into a bar in Cornwall and they had “18 RE” instead!
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Spelling Mistakes

Post by margaretcarnes »

And at risk of being labelled non PC - but this is true - I had a client last week who admitted that she was 'dylexic'.
Reminded me of that old chestnut 'Dyslexia rules - KO?'

So why IS the word 'dyslexic' spelt the way it is for gawds sake?
Fonetics are much eezyer for sum peepul to cope with!
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

I am not deslyxic, just hard of speling.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."