Rugby League World Cup

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Checker
Amateur
Amateur

Rugby League World Cup

Post by Checker »

Just in case you may have missed it . . . . . .
AUSTRALIA 52 defeated ENGLAND 4
It's now or never.
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

After all that talk its embarrasing... :oops:
www.35mmview.com
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

england

Post by redzonerocker »

Randy Cornhole wrote:After all that talk its embarrasing... :oops:
yep i agree :( , think we need a new goalkeeper :shock: :D
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

What is Rugby League?!?! :twisted:
Talk is cheap
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Not too sure myself. I think its similar to the union game just not as good...
www.35mmview.com
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Isn't it rugby for girls?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Arcadian
Ace
Ace

Rugby League World up

Post by Arcadian »

I once had to play host to an American visitor to my company and the subject got round to sports, and he asked me what I thought about a basketball team I had never heard of, I replied basketball is not very popular here but we have similar game, netball, it`s played by girls. What about baseball he asked, well we have a similar game, rounders, played by girls. Finally he asked about football (he meant the US version). Again not too popular here but we have similar game, rugby, without all the stoppages and body armour. Gee, he said, that must be a real tough game. That ended our discussion on sports.
BB I have to admit that union is my preference but have you seen some of the hits the league players take?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

have you seen some of the hits the league players take?
If I'm honest, I have to admit that I never watch Rugby League. The only time I used to see it was when the weather was too bad for real rugby. My son's team would have a work out by playing Rugby League rules.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
turok

Re: Rugby League World up

Post by turok »

Arcadian wrote:...have you seen some of the hits the league players take?
Having spent the previous week watching kissball and seeing 'professional' sportsmen go down like they've been shot when someone gets within 3 yards (old imperial measurement for the youngsters!) of them, it's refreshing to see real sportsmen playing a contact sport.

I'm surprised, however, that a World Cup event is receiving so little attention - not having Sky, I'm finding it difficult to find any coverage. That said, if England get so handsomely beaten again then maybe it's just as well..... :oops:
Checker
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Checker »

turok wrote:suprised, however, that a World Cup event is receiving so little attention - not having Sky, I'm finding it difficult to find any coverage. That said, if England get so handsomely beaten again then maybe it's just as well..... :oops:
You can see it on MYP2P or Justintv.
It's now or never.
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

turok wrote:I'm surprised, however, that a World Cup event is receiving so little attention - not having Sky, I'm finding it difficult to find any coverage. That said, if England get so handsomely beaten again then maybe it's just as well..... :oops:
The rugby league world cup format is a bit of a non-event that's why. There are even fewer teams that can win it than the football and rugby union world cups. 9 out the 12 tournaments have been won by Australia and the other 3 by Great Britain. Australia have now won 6 on the trot with Great Britain's last win coming in 1972!

It just isn't competitive and as an event is a bit of a lame duck. If you like rugby league, stick to the club game or the ashes tests.
Checker
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Checker »

Jaime wrote:The rugby league world cup format is a bit of a non-event that's why. There are even fewer teams that can win it than the football and rugby union world cups. 9 out the 12 tournaments have been won by Australia and the other 3 by Great Britain. Australia have now won 6 on the trot with Great Britain's last win coming in 1972!

It just isn't competitive and as an event is a bit of a lame duck. If you like rugby league, stick to the club game or the ashes tests.
You are spot on Jamie. Rugby League has died as an international sport. It was only ever big in the north of england and in two states in Australia.
It's now or never.
charlesh
Ace
Ace

Kiss ball

Post by charlesh »

Too right cobber. Oz has been dominant in Rugby League for years. Even the NZ teams don't stack up. I expect that the support at local club level and poker machines might be a factor in the dominance. As someone who comes from one of the 4 states that does not see RL or RU as a major sport I must profess I also do prefer it over soccer (aka kiss ball). The number of Oscar winning performances by people who appear to be paid phenomenal amounts of money by falling over is quite ludicrous.
So if U can't use your hands in soccer what do they use them for ha, ha.
Is there any truth in the suggestion that greedy soccer players and clubs were responsible for the global meltdown too???
If Nero was here now he would be fiddling gustilly.
PS new name for soccer club ; Nero fiddlers - Italian of course.
:sfight:
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Kiss ball

Post by redzonerocker »

charlesh wrote:Too right cobber. Oz has been dominant in Rugby League for years. Even the NZ teams don't stack up.
:shock: :? :shock:

well, new zealand came from 10-0 down to win 34-20 in this years final :D

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
charlesh
Ace
Ace

NZ resurggence

Post by charlesh »

Yeap mate. U have to let the small fry win 1 every now and again otherwise they will sook up and take the ball home with them. Just like the Poms in cricket.
I was pleased to seen their (England) great success at the Olympics even if it was for sports where U do sit down ha, ha.
It gets boring watching the same team win always - same as in Kiss Ball aka soccer. I am so happy when I see the underdog get their 15 minutes of fame.
My Pommie friend here has made me a defacto Hull supporter even though my Granny came from Manchester!
Come on U Ull
Charles H
:thumb: