Hua Hin Bike Week 2008

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
buksida

Hua Hin Bike Week 2008

Post by buksida »

Hua Hin Bike Week 2008.
December 5th - 7th.
Location - 48 Rai - Canal Road.

We have finally got some info on this before the actual event so fire up those chrome steeds, crotch rockets, or classic Italian stallions and rock on down ...

Images from previous Hua Hin bike weeks can be found here.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Cowtown Comedy
Professional
Professional

Post by Cowtown Comedy »

Not sure about this location....last year it was opposite the 19 rai. Can someone give me directions please...This has always been a great event.
“Don't worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright”.....B. Marley
buksida

Post by buksida »

Almost opposite Karat Village, left center of grid D6 on this map.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Cowtown Comedy
Professional
Professional

Post by Cowtown Comedy »

fire up those chrome steeds, crotch rockets, or classic Italian stallions and rock on down ...
:oops: How about a Yamaha Fino and a dream?
“Don't worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright”.....B. Marley
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Post by ste860 »

are clicks banned too
kirstyhuahin
Novice
Novice

Everyone welcome!

Post by kirstyhuahin »

I have it on good authority that Hua Hin bike week is for anyone with any bike. Even people without bikes are welcome. The whole event is great you get to have fun, experience and see a variety of bikes and allows you to meet alot of people from all over the world! I would definately say if you are free to check it out ! :D :P
bozzman101
Guru
Guru

Post by bozzman101 »

big 48 sign on canal road where the fair or carnaval was earlier in the year ..........i think :)
Once you go Asian you will never go Caucasian !!
kirstyhuahin
Novice
Novice

Post by kirstyhuahin »

Hua hin Bike party is holding a competition for big bikes they are also holding a tattoo contest. There are six criterias for the tattoo competition:
1. Black & Grey
2. Big Tattoo
3. Colour
4. Japanese Style
5. Thai Style
6. Tribal
Plus join us to judge Miss. Hua Hin
Hope to see you all there !!!
:D :cheers:
buksida

Post by buksida »

Hi Kirsty, if you have any more info on the event please post it - the organisers are a little backwards at coming forwards with info and updates!

Apparently there is a ride on Saturday also, any idea of the route and time? I'd like to join, will be a great photo opportunity (providing people know its happening!).
bozzman101
Guru
Guru

Post by bozzman101 »

count me in for a ride too sounds cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when and where are there any offical ex pat colours???

presume there will be a 2009 tee shirt out soon on sale around the bars??

have to wash :thumb: :thumb: :cheers: :cheers: the bike now
Once you go Asian you will never go Caucasian !!
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

This event is normally held the weekend before. This gives all the riders from the south time to stop off in Hua Hin, have a good party and a rest then head off for a lazy trek to Chiang Mai.

Chiang Mai holds the King's Run every year around the King's Birthday, this is the premier event for big bikes in Thailand and they hold many parties and have selected rides through the town and countryside. Literally thousands of bikes from all over Thailand, and the one event all bikers plan their trips around.

For some reason the Hua Hin event has been postponed for a week and this year clashes with the Chiang Mai event.

I can't see there being as many big bikes in Hua Hin this year.

Nothing like a bit of organisation, but sure there will be some bikes there as not everyone is able to go to Chiang Mai.
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
kirstyhuahin
Novice
Novice

Questions answered

Post by kirstyhuahin »

Sorry for the late reply but I have most of the answers to your questions!
I know that Hua Hin and Chiang Mai are on the same day but they are quite far away from one another and I am very confident many biker clubs will attend Hua Hin but as long as I have known Hua Hin bike it has always been in the first week of December.
[u]About the Hua Hin Bike week 2008 T-shirts[/u]They are being sold at Look Nam Pub, Hua Hin Tattoo shop(Jak), Night Valentine Bar, Happy Bar, PP Bar all located near Soi Bintabaht.
Ladies vest - 170 Baht
T-shirt S,M,L - 250 Baht
T-shirts XL,XXL 300 Baht
Long shirt S - 300 Baht
Long shirt M,L - 320 Baht
Long shirt XL - 350 Baht
Long shirt XXL - 400 Baht
Have 2 colours in each all T-shirts Black and White
T-shirts are also on sale at the event of Hua Hin Bike Week 2008.

On Saturday 6th December there is a bike ride planned and yes I agree a perfect photo opportunity. All bikes will meet at 48 rai( Klon Road. After the traffic lights drive 1km and you will see all the other bikes at 3:00 PM We will drive together around Hua Hin with the final destination Wat Huaymongkol to pray to Buddha. Anyone and every religion welcome!. Both big bikes and classic bikes RIDE together. We will return at 5:00pm to prepare for the party.

Ticket to Hua Hin Bike Week 100 Baht. This money will be donated to students in Ratchaburi for new school equipment.

We look forward to seeing you there! I am soo excited!! :cheers: :thumb:
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Vendor's stalls

Post by wenshidi »

Is it too late to get a vendor's pitch for this weekend's event?
Does anybody know who I should contact and how much it would cost?

Chris
buksida

Post by buksida »

Try one of the numbers at the bottom of the flyer. They're setting it up now, just drove past, should be a blast!
buksida

Post by buksida »

Had a great night last night - top party, some serious machinery there too ... photos coming shortly ...