Steven Spielberg must die

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Steven Spielberg must die

Post by sandman67 »

Im a big fan of Asian cinema....its usually better filmed, with complex plots, and this is particularly true of Korean cinema. "The Duellist" "Shadowless Sword" "Blood Rain" and "Botherhood"....all classics. The brutality of the war film "Brotherhood" makes Saving Private Ryan look like some Disney film....

A few years ago a true classic came out...a bitter and twisted revenge film called OLDBOY. It has to be one of the most bleak yet extreme watchable films made....both violence and plotwise. Scenes like the one where the "hero" takes out a corridor full of baddies using a claw hammer burn themselves into the brain. The acting is superb...it truly is a classic.

Well, today I read with horror that the lazy idle swines in Hollywood have bought the script rights off the owners, and Spielberg is intending to remake it

AAAAAARRRRRGH!!!!

with....Will Smith!

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGH!

He has employed the scriptwriter from Poseidon and I am legend to rewrite the script for a US audience

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGH!!!!

Please....if theres someone out there in the USA reading this

KILL HIM NOW!

:cuss: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :cuss:
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Agree SM, Old Boy is one of my all time favourite movies! Hollywood always messes up when covering these films. Be interesting to see how they copy the lead eating the still alive octopus!

Bit OTT to do away with Mr.S though, a true fine film maker in his own right!
Talk is cheap
bubbly
Professional
Professional

Post by bubbly »

could we meet half way and just do away with the cheesy grinned toby jug headed moron Will Smith. Then you'd be doing the whole world a favour!!!!
Howay the Lads!!!!
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

............................Let Spielberg drop...!!
www.35mmview.com
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Talk is cheap
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

I wouldn't get too stressed SM, it'll be so far removed from the original you wouldn't know it was supposed to be a remake.

You couldn't release that bizzare, sick stuff in Hollywood.

It is an Asian Classic, Fullstop.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

WILL SMITH!!!!

:lach:
bubbly
Professional
Professional

Post by bubbly »

Good god Caller!!!! was that a real octopus???? Damn good effects if it wasn't. I'd like to see that squeeky clean,all american gimp Will Smith eat one of those!!! :D
Howay the Lads!!!!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Ok, I have to admit I haven't seen that movie, but that fight scene was totaly unrealistic if it took place in the last half century. Someone would have just pulled a gun and blown the guy away! :guns:

The octopus thing looked very real! I admit I don't even eat octopus sushi when a small (dead) piece is on a ball of rice! On the other hand, it looked like he only did it to impress the lady, and who among us hasn't done something against our better judgment to impress a beautiful girl? :wink:
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

HHF

he's spent 10 years locked in isolation and is a bit...well...erm....disturbed.

I want to see how they re-write the unwitting incest sub-plot with that big gurning lollygagging gimp Will Smith.....

really....i just cant see how they can stick to the original in any way.....its just too twisted for mainstream audiences....incest just doesn't go down well with US mainstream....

BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

sandman67 wrote: I want to see how they re-write the unwitting incest sub-plot
:tsk:

Thats like telling people Bruce Willis is a Ghost in The Sixth Sense.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

.....its just too twisted for mainstream audiences....incest just doesn't go down well with US mainstream....
It will probably do well in the redneck south where I come from...many there are no strangers to incest... :shock: :oops: :wink:

...although they wouldn't understand that fight scene. It wouldn't even stand up to the Americans fight scene in the '61 musical West Side Story with those puny sticks and a hammer. At least in the musical the dancing and singing Jets and Sharks had knives and chains!
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Bruce Willis is a ghost... :shock:
www.35mmview.com
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

heres a comparison

how would he like it if Tarantino bought the production rights to Schindlers List and had it remade by Rob Zombie as a musical / horror / Nazi zombie / splatter flick starring Bruce Campbell from Evil Dead 2?

now.....theres a picture Id cue up to see..... :cheers:

Arcadian
Ace
Ace

Stephen Spielberg must die

Post by Arcadian »

During a bout of insomnia I caught part of a Thai film about a priest retrieving a statue of Buddha stolen from his temple, it involved lots of martial art killing, blood and gore. Most entertaining was the tuk tuk chase through BKK where they all fell off the end of an unfinished motorway. Anybody recognize it as I would like to add to my collection.
Just watched the octopus eating scene, Mrs ans Miss A wern`t as impressed as I was!