News of the Weird - this just in!

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: News of the Weird - this just in!

Post by Lost »

Apologies for posting an lgbtq thing again, but we are in pride month and these things will pop up. I think this is weird news. 'Teachers told to no longer use he/she for kids but instead 'they/them''. Bizarre.

Coincidentally, I've been working in a primary school for the past few weeks, and 7 days during the holy month of Pride no less. Not a single mention of it, no rainbows anywhere, no discussions of pronouns outside of he/she, no mention to children that they can go on lifelong medication and surgeries to change they sex if they want, nothing in the lesson plans now nor for the remainder of the term. So it appears gender ideology hasn't managed to breach the multi-cultural, religion diverse areas of London. It certainly wouldn't fly with the muslim parents (40% of my class) that's for feckin' sure. :wink:

I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

It's not just bizarre, it's absurd, ridiculous and nonsensical, and it won't be long before the decision is overturned. It's also one school in Canada, so let's not get carried away...

Equally absurd, ridiculous and nonsensical (and sometimes hateful) are many of the comments in the full conversation on Twitter. Never used it and never will.
This is the way
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Yes, the comment sections are always a minefield filled with the extremes of all sides. And yes, often quite hateful. Doesn't do any 'side' any favours.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Dingo chasing a tasty snack for lunch: (video)

Dingo attacks on K'gari (Fraser Island) spark school holiday warnings as animal euthanased

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-06-22/ ... /102508826
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

64 year old Maine woman is bitten by bear after she punches it in the nose.

I lived many years in Maine, they grow some tough ones there.

A 65-year-old man and a 64-year-old woman were both injured by bears that had been chased by their dogs in two separate incidents in recent days, officials in Connecticut and Maine said.

In the first incident, 64-year-old Lynn Kelly was working in her garden around 11:30 a.m. Friday when her dog started barking and ran into the woods, the Maine Department Of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife said. The dog then ran back out of the woods with a black bear chasing after it.

Kelly confronted the bear and punched it on the nose after it stood up, officials said. The bear bit her right hand, puncturing her wrist. The bear then ran back into the wood, the department said.

Kelly was taken to a hospital for treatment. Her dog was unharmed.

Full story

https://www.aol.com/man-woman-wounded-b ... 21151.html
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

migrant wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:57 pm 64 year old Maine woman is bitten by bear after she punches it in the nose.

:D Reminds me of a story where Brian Blessed punches a Polar Bear.....

Watch to the end :thumb:

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

pharvey wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:15 pm
migrant wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:57 pm 64 year old Maine woman is bitten by bear after she punches it in the nose.

:D Reminds me of a story where Brian Blessed punches a Polar Bear.....

Watch to the end :thumb:

:cheers: :cheers:
I watched to the end wondering what language he was speaking ( :D ) then listened again with the captions on. Even the bloody captions couldn't understand him, but the third time I got the jist of it, very funny!!
Actually I did really like it!! :cheers: :cheers:

In my earlier days I did a lot of backpacking and punching a predator in the nose was one way "experts" suggested to scare them off. Also recommended if attacked by a shark. Always seemed like sort of a last chance remedy to me.

I've heard of Brian Blessed but never watched much, He's good. I'll have to look for more of him (with the captions on!!) :cheers: :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Brit who entered woman's home, soiled himself and was caught rummaging through her bedroom looking for clothes to wear after a night out in Spain is cleared of trespass after blaming extreme diarrhoea

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rhoea.html

"Lawyer Alcazar said: 'He is a gentleman who has been congratulated on numerous occasions by the British Government for his contributions to charitable causes.'"
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Does this belong here, or in the photography thread!
....................................................................................................
Octopus steals Aussie boy's GoPro in underwater 'tug of war'

https://au.news.yahoo.com/octopus-steal ... 57475.html

An "eight armed robber" was on the loose in Jervis Bay waters on the NSW south coast on Wednesday, with a young diver almost losing a camera but gaining an epic underwater tale.

Jesse, 15, was filming an octopus with his GoPro "at a safe distance" when the animal decided it wanted the camera for itself.

"It slowly reached out a tentacle and grabbed the selfie stick, pulling the camera in," Jesse's mum Karen Johnson told Yahoo News Australia. "A tug of war ensued and the octopus won."

Perplexed by the sudden turn of events, Jesse stayed close by and "occasionally tugged" on the camera to no avail. Eventually he had to ask for help.
Despite Jesse's best attempts he was unable to free the octopus from his GoPro on Wednesday. Source: FacebooD
Despite Jesse's best attempts he was unable to free the octopus from his GoPro on Wednesday. Source: FacebooD
go pro.jpg (104.73 KiB) Viewed 626 times
Also video at the link:
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

It's a bit like the "seagull steals gopro" video:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Middle East disabled parking bay:
d36.jpg
d36.jpg (90.07 KiB) Viewed 589 times
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

I wonder if sales of bananas is going to go up??!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ation.html

😁😁
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

News of the Weird - this just in!

Post by Dannie Boy »

I shouldn’t think so, I mean who wants to walk around looking like they’ve just pinched a banana and hidden it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-66668411
Police pull over car with huge bull in passenger seat

Police in Norfolk, Nebraska pulled over a car for having a huge bull standing in its passenger seat.

The car had half of its roof cut off in order to fit the animal.

The man driving the car was given a warning by police, and was ordered to take the bull back home. No-one was injured in the process.

News Channel Nebraska overheard on a police scanner that officers would be attending the scene, so rushed out to capture the moment on camera.
:laugh: :laugh: :thumb:
This is the way