A hat trick

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
lomuamart

A hat trick

Post by lomuamart »

I've always had a cribbage board and certainly give as good as I get.
Friends brought a really good backgammon board over a little while ago. I know that game as well and give as good as I get.
However, I got a really good chess set today. A large board and hand carved pieces. I know how to move them, but I'm useless with strategy.
That's the hat trick for me - cribbage, backgammon and chess. I reckon the latter will be the most difficult. I laid the pieces out earlier and tried to remember an opening move
:cheers:
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: A hat trick

Post by redzonerocker »

lomuamart wrote: However, I got a really good chess set today. A large board and hand carved pieces. I know how to move them, but I'm useless with strategy.
:cheers:
i'm pretty average at cribbage, have never played backgammon, but am pretty nifty at chess.
if you wanna become a better player at chess, get one of those computerised sets.
a good test & learning curve as you progress through the levels :thumb:

oh, & you don't have to wait around for ages for your opponent to decide on his/her move :roll: :D
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Get the chess set round ... I'm your huckleberry!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson