Parking in Hua Hin

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
m_right
Guru
Guru

Parking in Hua Hin

Post by m_right »

Parking is a real challenge for me. I have a car which I don't use much because of the traffic and the crazy driving conditions but when I do I find that parking is hard to find in the central Hua Hin area. Usually I use the lot behind the municipal bldg but it is closed at night.
Are there any other lots?
Any suggestions?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

You can park in the Wat for 20 baht but I think they close at 10 p.m.

There is a vacant lot where people park that is a couple of blocks south of where you said you usually park.

You can park in the lot next to the fishing pier if you are going to that part of town.

There is usually a spot or two on the road going to the beach by the Sofitel.

I believe you can pay to park in the Hilton garage.

I know what you mean. I use all of the above but it is still tough to find something convenient especially at night. During the day is a challenge for me as I don't like to walk far in this (unbearable to me) heat but I usually end up parking somewhere and having to walk a half kilometer or more to my destination which leaves me soaked.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Post by T.I.G.R. »

Depending on where you're going, we usually find a spot near the fire department at night. We've also used the WAT but more and more people seem to be finding out about it. If you don't mind walking, drive north of the night market a couple of blocks and you can usually find quite a bit of parking (not south).

It's probably a stupid idea, but I've been wondering why no-one has put up some kind of parking lot or structure near downtown......seems like you could make a fortune.
limbu

Re: Parking

Post by limbu »

Passing by the ramshackle golden building right in the centre of town opposite the police station that has been a foodcourt, shopping mall and hotel at various times, I noticed its underground carpark. Is parking there permitted, encouraged? I remember the time when it was 20 baht per entry.
Thank you.
Big Boy

Re: Parking in Hua Hin

Post by Big Boy »

I used to use it regularly, but then the hotel stopped public parking. I've noticed recently that they are advertising it as a car park again, but since it stopped the public parking originally, I just don't go into the centre any more.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:25 pm I used to use it regularly, but then the hotel stopped public parking. I've noticed recently that they are advertising it as a car park again, but since it stopped the public parking originally, I just don't go into the centre any more.
Same here - we almost never go into the centre of town these days and one of the main reasons for that is the difficulty in finding a place to park.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Well, Hua Hin feels very quiet again now and I usually find no problems parking during the day, but can't comment at night
Talk is cheap
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

If it's worth it to you we have parked at the Hilton for 200 baht
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

migrant wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:14 am If it's worth it to you we have parked at the Hilton for 200 baht
For 200฿ I could use Grab both ways, and avoid the walk through Binthabat and the temple to get to my destination :? I've just given up on the centre. I think the last time I went into the centre was 2019.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20