Michael Jacksons' Memorial

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Michael Jacksons' Memorial

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

There are those who are not particularly fond of Michael Jackson, even those who are fed up with the wall-to-wall news coverage.

But did any one else shed a tear?
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Hi therer Malcom

Yes I do shed a tear for his majesty The King Of Pop Michael Jackson. He had influenced my life many ways through hi i got interested in Pop Music, I bought my first MJ Take here durin a visit in Thailand in 1988 and yeah Me and my sister always held a siblings compettition who could dance the Moonwalk better . Ohhh yeah there are many events when my sister and me agreed for once that we both are true MJ fans.

And of course I watched the whole Michael Jackson Memorial yesterday from start to finish. It was kinda hard to stay awake but I stood awake as this was a way to show my last respects to the undisputed King of Pop!!!

Your's The understudy!!!
In Love with Hua Hin since 19naughty9 and it ain't fading!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
“Once you survive Stamford U Hua Hin Campus only you can survive anything!!!”
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

My Thai wife did! :wink:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Nope, not even a moist eye for him.

"King of Pop" ?

I don't think he ever "played the King" in his life.

:cheers:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

King? Queen? Paedofile of rock? Yes
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Guten Abend

Khndon and richard you are entitled to your own opinion. I do and sincerly believe his Majesty The King of Pop is no child molester now pedophile!
We should focus and critically analyse his recent past but We should emphasize his music life and his achievement in 32 years of music,
which hos death made him an instant legend.

your;s The understudy
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

The understudy wrote:which hos death made him an instant legend
No idea, which ho was it?
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

Understudy

I take it you fell for the hype then

Get real. He was the Prince of Pop.... POP music. Instantly replaceable 5 minute slices of radio airtime filler. No great music, no great messages. Just a few minutes of audio chewing gum to keep your consumer brain dulled.

He held that position all the way up till the shabby sick backstage activities started to leak into a press with its eyes opened. He was a child molesting sad sack of human garbage.

I reiterate the point I made elsewhere.

Presented with opportunities we can only dream of - money, power and influence - he chose the selfish path of creating for himself a lollypop tree and gumdrop forest world of happy children playing by chocolate streams. A deluded and sick selfish fantasy world where he was white as white can be. He had it all, and he pissed it up the wall satisfying his own twisted desires.

His memorial, which I have only read about, was the final cherry of hypocrisy on the whole 15 tier cake that is the Jacko World. His unrepentant fans and relatives dragged a poor distraught 11 year old girl in front of the cameras.....doing exactly what screwed him up in the first place.

If you want to hold up a musician as an idol choose a better one mate. In 50 years the names Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles.....they will be remembered. Jacko will by then be an two line footnote on a forgotten page.

"Jackson, Michael: Member of the pop music orientated Jackson Family of Motown style musicians who rose to stardom in the 1970s. Fell from stardom and popularity in the mid 1980s when accused of child molestation."

"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

The memorial, which was held about 20 miles from here, ended up costing the taxpayers a huge sum. They've mentioned between 3.5 - 1.5 million.

Irregardless of your thoughts about him, I don't want to contribute to his memorial.

A California legislator has proposed a memorial to him (I believe it was tossed out).

Can you imagine a Michael Jackson stamp? I don't plan on licking that!! :shock:

Ridiculous :guns:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

It's true, but just like in "your first car" thread, people are coming from different perspectives and different generations.

I agree that his music won't stand the test of time like the Beatles, Dylan, Hendrix, except perhaps "we are the world", and I'm not sure that was even his creation.

Concerning his memorial, you could put Stalin in that box and have a show like that and people would be crying.

Regardless of all that, kids were born hearing his music and became attached, so be it. The USA needs events right now that unite people, no matter how frivolous.

Less frivolous would be a bit more attention paid to the young people coming back in boxes from the ME. Nope, it didn't work for Vietnam so it probably won't work now either.

No government money. Reclaim from his estate. The Feds/IRS are looking at 80 million in tax already. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

sandman67 wrote:Understudy

I take it you fell for the hype then

Get real. He was the Prince of Pop.... POP music. Instantly replaceable 5 minute slices of radio airtime filler. No great music, no great messages. Just a few minutes of audio chewing gum to keep your consumer brain dulled.

He held that position all the way up till the shabby sick backstage activities started to leak into a press with its eyes opened. He was a child molesting sad sack of human garbage.

I reiterate the point I made elsewhere.

Presented with opportunities we can only dream of - money, power and influence - he chose the selfish path of creating for himself a lollypop tree and gumdrop forest world of happy children playing by chocolate streams. A deluded and sick selfish fantasy world where he was white as white can be. He had it all, and he pissed it up the wall satisfying his own twisted desires.

His memorial, which I have only read about, was the final cherry of hypocrisy on the whole 15 tier cake that is the Jacko World. His unrepentant fans and relatives dragged a poor distraught 11 year old girl in front of the cameras.....doing exactly what screwed him up in the first place.

If you want to hold up a musician as an idol choose a better one mate. In 50 years the names Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles.....they will be remembered. Jacko will by then be an two line footnote on a forgotten page.

"Jackson, Michael: Member of the pop music orientated Jackson Family of Motown style musicians who rose to stardom in the 1970s. Fell from stardom and popularity in the mid 1980s when accused of child molestation."

Well Sandman you made your point which I fully respect but I do not share. In many things we have common understanding I. E. We both share the Love for HUa Hin but with some other topic we have our diffrences. that is Human Nature... !

Aehh yeah you mentioend the Beatles right? weren't they also considered POP music during their time?

With Michael Jackson, Madonna and a very select few others like the Beatles their POP Music will be listened in the next 50 years. And the rest of the POP music will be as you sandman discribed, "POP music. Instantly replaceable 5 minute slices of radio airtime filler. No great music, no great messages. Just a few minutes of audio chewing gum to keep your consumer brain dulled." it;s like a lighthouse that sends it's lightbeacon out throughthe thick fog. Only the strongest beacon (Artist) can penetrate through the fog of the rest which I believe Madonna, Michael Jackson and few select like Beatles had done the penetration allready!

Your;s The understudy!!!!
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

prcscct wrote:It's true, but just like in "your first car" thread, people are coming from different perspectives and different generations.

I agree that his music won't stand the test of time like the Beatles, Dylan, Hendrix, except perhaps "we are the world", and I'm not sure that was even his creation.

Concerning his memorial, you could put Stalin in that box and have a show like that and people would be crying.

Regardless of all that, kids were born hearing his music and became attached, so be it. The USA needs events right now that unite people, no matter how frivolous.

Less frivolous would be a bit more attention paid to the young people coming back in boxes from the ME. Nope, it didn't work for Vietnam so it probably won't work now either.

No government money. Reclaim from his estate. The Feds/IRS are looking at 80 million in tax already. Pete :cheers:
Excuse Me Please Pete!

may I give the followig Infromation if you don;t mind
we are the World was written by Michael Jackson and Steve wonder in 1984 as a concerted effort for the Foundatuin "aid for africa" whci many other singing artists helped in performing this song. proceeds from sales of this single had gone in pasrt to this Foundation.

your your respects The understudy!!!
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Michael Jacksons memorial

Post by margaretcarnes »

Dear Understudy - much as I respect your devotion to MJ and his music (HIS music? Was it?) I really don't believe you can put Madonna up there with icons like the Beatles for gawds sake!
What has she done pleeeese for music, apart from ponce around in pointy bras? Her only r'aison detre seems to be to gather a pseudo mixed race collection of family to prove something or other to whoever has the time to listen.
Now - by comparison John Lennon didn't WANT to change the world. But he did all the same. And wrote his own stuff in the process. :cheers:
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.