mountain biking

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
gazbif
Rookie
Rookie

mountain biking

Post by gazbif »

HI, can anyone reccomend the mountain biking around hua hin and what bike shops to use. cheers
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

You could start by looking here http://www.huahinsport.com/cycling-running.htm
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
beachyhead

Post by beachyhead »

Bike shop on the main road the same side as the palace as you come in to Hua Hin approx half way between the palace and the first set of traffic lights. Not many mountains in Hua Hua but there is a good track that leads down from Black Mountain to BoFai and over Soi 88 there are some off road tracks.
There is only two things wrong with a woman, her face !
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Re: mountain biking

Post by Name Taken »

gazbif wrote:HI, can anyone reccomend the mountain biking around hua hin and what bike shops to use. cheers
I'm not familiar with mountain biking in and around Hua Hin, but there is a mountain biking group called the Hash House Bikers(bangkokbikehash.org) that get together and do rides at various locations in Thailand every month. I don't currently own a mountain bike, but i used to do alot of mountain biking when i lived in the U.S.A.
Mountain Biking is awesome and lots of fun to. 8)
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

but i used to do alot of mountain biking when i lived in the U.S.A. .
Me too, but I was younger (averaged 400 miles per week in my 40's on and off road) and it wasn't nearly as hot as it is here. No way now and here! :oops:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

hhfarang wrote:
but i used to do alot of mountain biking when i lived in the U.S.A. .
Me too, but I was younger (averaged 400 miles per week in my 40's on and off road) and it wasn't nearly as hot as it is here. No way now and here! :oops:
Wow, that is a lot of cycling. I never rode my mountain bike that much in a single week, it(mountain biking) was just more like a part time hobby for me.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Wow, that is a lot of cycling. I never rode my mountain bike that much in a single week, it(mountain biking) was just more like a part time hobby for me.
Well, that was a combination of mountain biking and road biking. Had a cross bike and rode to and from work every day (30+ miles) plus a long ride in the Santa Cruz mountains on Saturdays and Sundays with a biking group. In truth, thinking about it, I said average and that was probably an all time high but averaged half that many miles per week over a few years time.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?