Safety for children

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Safety for children

Post by pitsch »

It is perhaps a silly question to ask in Thailand, where nobody uses them, but does anyone know where to buy a car safety seat for small children?

In Europe these are mandatory for children under 12, if they are smaller than 150 cm.
buksida

Post by buksida »

We bought ours in at the top of the old shopping mall for 4,700, its served both of our kids well. You can have it for 2,500 if you like as they've both outgrown it and there will be no more rugrats in this household!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Safety for children

Post by Nereus »

pitsch wrote:It is perhaps a silly question to ask in Thailand, where nobody uses them, but does anyone know where to buy a car safety seat for small children?
In Europe these are mandatory for children under 12, if they are smaller than 150 cm.
There are many different models available in Bangkok at the bigger Department Stores. The one one I have for my Grand-daughter is imported and cost an arm and a leg. However, it is very well made and will last her until she is big enough for a regular seat belt. (which according to her 4 year old ambitions is "already Poppa") :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Many of the car dealers have them also in their accessory books, made for their models only by someone, usually in Europe or Japan.

I've seen less expensive models at Tesco Lotus as well. Pete. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Nereus wrote:..... until she is big enough for a regular seat belt. (which according to her 4 year old ambitions is "already Poppa") :cheers:
My 4 year old just started harping on it as well. The wife insists she uses it until she's 25 kilos which I think is the rated max, about 4 more kilos to go, then she'll be happy. :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

pitsch wrote:In Europe these are mandatory for children under 12, if they are smaller than 150 cm.
150cm is just shy of 5 feet tall. I think that's overdoing things a bit. There must be some robust and huge seats available there to handle say an 11 year olds weight at 145cm+-. Pete :cheers: