US film star Patrick Swayze dies

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
PeteC

US film star Patrick Swayze dies

Post by PeteC »

Sad, sad. He wasn't a super star but I enjoyed the work he did. RIP Dirty Dancer. :( Pete

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8256033.stm
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Me and the missus watched the first (and I guess the last unless they replace him) season of "The Beast" on TV over the last few months and we both really liked it.

My wife commented early on in the series that "the hero" (as she called him), Patrick Swayze, didn't look healthy. I just thought he was getting older like we all are but she has had insights like this before that have turned out to be correct.

From now on if she tells me I look sick, I'm running to the hospital!

R.I.P Mr. Swayze
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

I liked him too. The chemo was obviously devastating but it seems crazy that he was still smoking and drinking lots of milk and high fat drinks. All serious no-no's in the natural health field.

"Let no one who has the slightest desire to live in peace and quietness be tempted, under any circumstances, to enter upon the chivalrous task of trying to correct a popular error."---William Thoms
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

From what I've read the prognosis wasn't good, and he managed to hang on to life much longer than anyone expected.

Mr.P: Of course an unhealthy diet and smoking isn't good for anyone, but quite honestly if you've been diagnosed with an incurable disease, you're not going to give up the things that may make your life just that little bit more bearable.

VS.
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

Vital Spark wrote:From what I've read the prognosis wasn't good, and he managed to hang on to life much longer than anyone expected.

Mr.P: Of course an unhealthy diet and smoking isn't good for anyone, but quite honestly if you've been diagnosed with an incurable disease, you're not going to give up the things that may make your life just that little bit more bearable.

VS.
I knew I'd be in trouble if I dared say anything. :wink: However, the same criticism was all over the media, so hardly a contrary view.

Sometimes stopping smoking can cause more stress than continuing but it would take some persuading to convince me that continuing to smoke is worth the 'hell on wheels' (as Patrick put it) of chemotherapy. The first time those toxic chemicals hit my bloodstream the fags would be out the window.

There is not one smoker in the hospital ward which deals with smoking related diseases who doesn’t regret the day that they lit up their first cigarette and who doesn’t regret the fact that they did not give up before they got sick.

Maybe it had something to do with false hope over a new experimental drug called 'Vatalanib'. Or, as you suggest, deep down he felt there was no real prospect, so why bother? Or he was simply chronically addicted.

If it was me I would give this protocol a go, rather than go the chemo route... http://www.curenaturalicancro.com/proto ... ancer.html

No offence intended. :cheers:
"Let no one who has the slightest desire to live in peace and quietness be tempted, under any circumstances, to enter upon the chivalrous task of trying to correct a popular error."---William Thoms
charlesh
Ace
Ace

Post by charlesh »

I knew some people who didn't smoke (ever) and wanted to jump out of a window after their chemo!
Perhaps it is all in the genes after all and is a matter of quality of life not quantity when it is reduced to the basics.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

charlesh wrote:.........Perhaps it is all in the genes after all and is a matter of quality of life not quantity when it is reduced to the basics.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

Trailer Park Boys will never be the same again

"Goin off the rails on a Sawyze Train"

:cheers:
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict