Sukumvit Shortcut

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Rider
Ace
Ace

Sukumvit Shortcut

Post by Rider »

Just on the roads when the gridlock cometh.
You can either sit on your ass waiting for doomsday or pull off some moves to beat that traffic :)

This is the latter course of action :D

margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Sukumvit shortcut

Post by margaretcarnes »

Any comment would be superfluous...

Nice link from there though to footage of the alley between Sukumvit Sois 5 and 7. For anyone in the area it's worth taking a few minutes to stroll through there. :cheers:
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

With both the Skytrain and the underground functioning, I find myself leaving the car at home if I'm going into the city proper. Drivers seem to be more aggressive these days too. Walking is a great way to discover the city.
วินเชนท์
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I have a Condo about 0.5 km from that intersection, and regularly get caught up in it.

About 20 years ago I had one of your type by the chin bar of his helmet, right where you went back onto the road! I was walking towards Sukhumvit with my step-daughter, whom was only very young then, when this prick came up behind me on his motorcycle tooting the horn for us to get out of HIS way!

Have you thought about putting your camera on top of your helmet, ala skydivers? That tinted windscreen really spoils a good idea. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Rider
Ace
Ace

Post by Rider »

I wouldn't do the tooting thing man, not on a pavement. That biker was bang out of order doing that to pedestrians. He needs to get some patience and go with the flow more...

No way for a top of the helmet kinda deal. I understand your appeal as I had the same vibe for a helmet cam.

Yet I already tried that system and it looks ragged, the viewer is shaken and disorientated by the head movements and so on. It's also the method by which I lost my old camera. :(

Some Vlog bikers like to use that system though as they have a microphone linked in under the helmet.
For me I like the tank mounted system better. It keeps everything stable.