Dirtiest hotels in Asia

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Dirtiest hotels in Asia

Post by Khundon1975 »

Don't these hotel owners know there is an Internet now and crap hotels will be trashed on the web?

http://www.tripadvisor.com/DirtyHotels-g2
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've read through a few of the reviews, and started wondering who was writing these reviews. Was it ex guests, or rival hotel owners?

I concentrated on British comments, and most could not string a decent sentence together in English. Very suspicious.

It obviously makes you think twice, but I think I'd review comments from other sites first.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Not sure whether the reviews were written by people who use English as a first language, so cannot comment on that point. BB.

I did look at pictures in the following review on that site and if they are representative of the Phi Phi Don Chukit resort, then I would agree with the reviewer.

"The most DISGUSTING accommodation"
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I only looked at the reviews of those claiming to have a UK address. OK, English is not necessarily their first language. However, there was just too much broken English for my liking. As for photos, if you're going to rubbish a competitor, you're not going to post a complimentary photo. How do we know that those photos are of the hotel being reported on?

Have you seen a photo of my house in Yate?

Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Yes BB, drove past it last week.

That Pic doesn't do it justice though, as you seem to have let it go a bit.

The windows were broken, graffiti all over the walls, a broken fridge and 2 burnt out cars on the front lawn.

So yes, you cannot always believe a pic on the web, whether it is from a resorts website or a review site. :wink:

:cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Big Boy wrote:I've read through a few of the reviews, and started wondering who was writing these reviews. Was it ex guests, or rival hotel owners?

I concentrated on British comments, and most could not string a decent sentence together in English. Very suspicious.

It obviously makes you think twice, but I think I'd review comments from other sites first.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/71294 ... visor.html
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Sydney Jed
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Sydney Jed »

Booked 2 nights in Bangkok at The Rose Hotel just before xmas as they had some deal on.Seemed o.k. till I came back after a few beers,dozed off and sort of woke up thinking some thing had crawled across me.I then heard a scratching noise around the side of me ...and jumped up straight away.Went in to the bathroom and then saw these funny looking insect/lizard things coming up through the drain in the shower!!Blasted them with my insect repellent and stuck the rubbish bin over the drain.Noticed a little red bite that morning,so thought .... it and checked out.That's my worse hotel for a while!!
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

pharvey :)

It would seem from reading that article, that the only real way of knowing whether any hotel is good or not, is to speak to someone who has actually stayed at the place themselves.

It does not surprise me, that "good reviews" can be bought, as easily as "bad reviews" can be posted by a competitor. :?

Who can we trust these days?