UBC/True TV

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
PeteC

UBC/True TV

Post by PeteC »

Seems we're going to receive some new channels. I hope they're good considering what they're paying for them. Pete :cheers:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/tel ... w-channels
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: UBC/True TV

Post by sandman67 »

quality Thai television.....

:lach: :lach: :lach: :lach:

so more brainless chat come slapstick sketch shows, more crappy ham acting soap operas with dubious moral messages, and a few serious news shows that seem somehow to feel the need to use "boing" and "wah wah wah waaaaaaahp" cartoon sound effects to spice up the news delivery. All coloured in with stacks of product placement and sponsorship ads plastered across the screen headers and sidebars. Zero educational value, zero coverage of anything other than Thai national news and views. Oh... and one channel of thai versions of martha stewart......

Ripping..... I just cant wait.

:D :D :D
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

No, rumblings are that the 5 will be foreign, and perhaps BBC Entertainment will reappear. We'll see. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

BBC Entertainment .... oh joy joy... so instead of crappy Thai TV we get crappy BBC TV... the endless repeats of soulless sitcoms and chat shows spliced between endless David Fecking Tennant gurning sessions. I was home over Xmas and stuck with mum and dads choice - watching the BBC was like sticking your head into a blender - painful and pointless. I could feel myself getting more stupid as I watched. John Birt mortally wounded the BBC and its still on life support now.

Ill stick to watching online stuff methinks.

Im still waiting for True to work out that asian films come with subtitle tracks and maybe farangs might like to watch them. Some chance.

Gimme SKY anyday.

:cheers:
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
Winkie
Guru
Guru

Post by Winkie »

I enjoyed BBC Entertainment for the few short years that it was on UBC, much better value than the AXN Beyond that replaced it. Personally, I hope very much that it comes back. AbFab, Top Gear, Black Adder, Red Dwarf... wonderful.
Only the crumbliest, flakiest Winkie....
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

We had the cable crap whilst there, until I inadvertently :wink: cut through the cable with a power tool. Told the wife we had to get Thai satellite :D and that turned out to be full of crap as well.

We have Sky here (without the sport channels) in the UK and much better for documentaries and the nature programmes etc, also HD. Do they do HD in Thailand yet?
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.