The Torrents Thread

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Torrents

Post by migrant »

I've been trying to access pirate bay for a week and have not been able to. Could be due to me being in the states.

Any other current good sites to download from? I'm looking to download the deadwood tv series.

Thanks
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

I was looking through today - torrentz2.eu, is up and working

[EDIT] Also, there are several addresses for Pirate Bay - have you tried: -

https://thepiratebay10.org/
pirateproxy.page

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

pharvey wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:12 pm I was looking through today - torrentz2.eu, is up and working

[EDIT] Also, there are several addresses for Pirate Bay - have you tried: -

https://thepiratebay10.org/
pirateproxy.page

Thanks!! That PB link worked :cheers: :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: The Recommended Movies Thread

Post by Lost »

For some reason, since I've changed computer, I can't seem to download to utorrent unless it's a magnet download. If I try clicking the downloads on the below pic it just downloads a couple kb link of some sort.

I've forgotten how I used to do it. :? Could someone kindly tell me what I'm doing wrong. Tnx.

Screenshot_20201025_172017.jpg
Screenshot_20201025_172017.jpg (73.73 KiB) Viewed 708 times
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I use Vuze, so I can't help you, but all the sites I go to offer magnet downloads, which I invariably use without a problem. Which is a long way of saying... "what's wrong with magnet downloads?". :laugh:
This is the way
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

dtaai-maai wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:06 am I use Vuze, so I can't help you, but all the sites I go to offer magnet downloads, which I invariably use without a problem. Which is a long way of saying... "what's wrong with magnet downloads?". :laugh:
Nowt wrong with 'em. :D

Just that I can't find a yts site that offers a magnet download. And it's the best site to download movies from imo. And I can't remember how to download from it. :banghead:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Vuze, uTorrent are both developed by Bittorrent so are much of a muchness - I use the Bittorrent manager itself, which can be downloaded @ https://www.bittorrent.com/products/win ... b-compare/, but pretty much any download manager will do the job.

Once the download manager is downloaded to your PC - Taking YTS for example, find your movie, download the torrent (double click on movie quality 720/1080 etc). Once torrent is downloaded, double click on that file - select the download manager you want to open the file/torrent with (uTorrent etc.) and make this the default program to use in future. Should be job done :thumb:

Hope I've understood correctly and this is what you were after - if not, just put it down to me being a Welsh tw@t in despair over last night's result..... :oops:

Note: yts.ag does need a VPN, but I guess you know that one!!

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I use YTS.AG almost daily. They do recommend a vpn but it's not compulsory.
For a magnet download, click 'DOWNLOAD' under the movie's cover and you'll get the option for a magnet download.
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Post by wenshidi »

If you cannot connect to the torrent website, perhaps try the Bit Che meta search tool as an alternative.

https://convivea.com/download.php?id=2
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Thanks for the replies. I figured out what I was doing wrong. Once I clicked on the download link, I then needed to click on the couple kb torrent file that it downloaded and it would then open in utorrent.

I'm sure it just opened in utorrent automatically for me before. Ho hum.

Next question. I'm a proper tight arsed git with money but finally took the plunge and I've got me a super duper big arse stonking 4k tv in the post. There's only 7 pages of 4k stuff on yts. Is there a good site (aside from pirate bay) to download 4k movies and series.

Many thanks!

:cheers:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I've got an 86" 4K TV. I have an assortment of 4K movies but to be quite honest, I don't see a real difference between 1080 and and 2160. I do tend to use the TV's video card as opposed to my laptop.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

HHTel wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:49 pm I've got an 86" 4K TV. I have an assortment of 4K movies but to be quite honest, I don't see a real difference between 1080 and and 2160. I do tend to use the TV's video card as opposed to my laptop.
Hmmm, the difference should be quite extreme. I've watched 4k round a friend's house (I got one friend) compared to 1080 (yts) on my old 32". I was really impressed.

Just read the below link. I've got 20/20 vision, a small room and getting a massive TV so, hopefully, I see the 4k rewards.

:cheers:

https://www.experienceuhd.com/blog/can- ... 80p-and-4k
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

HHTel wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:49 pm I've got an 86" 4K TV. I have an assortment of 4K movies but to be quite honest, I don't see a real difference between 1080 and and 2160. I do tend to use the TV's video card as opposed to my laptop.
Wow, you have got a big one!!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

1080p through my laptop is good but not perfect. When I run it from the TV it is unbelievably better. Must be to do with the video card in the tv.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Anyone know of a torrent site where you can download EPL games the following day?

MotoGP and F1 are easy to find.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson