FREE spare tickets for tonights BBC Walking with Dinosaurs

Hua Hin classifieds has been reopened, please read the classifieds posting rules before you submit an ad.
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

FREE spare tickets for tonights BBC Walking with Dinosaurs

Post by Super Joe »

5 tickets for tonight's (Wednesday) 7:30pm showing of the BBC's Walking with Dinosaurs at the Bangkok Arena, which is not too far once you're over the bridge from what I remember.

We can't make it so tickets are completely free, and very good 2k seats.

Call Paul 0800-245890

SJ
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: FREE spare tickets for tonights BBC Walking with Dinosau

Post by Super Joe »

Update: THREE tickets left now.

SJ
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

Also now available free transport! ( for up to 3 )
Leaving HH around 4.30 ish. PM or Tel Gary 0871717710
Anyone got any dinosaur food :laugh:
no more dePreston
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Come on people, this isn't like a normal football match where you wait 'til 5 mins after kick-off to get the seats cheap, this is like White Hart Lane where they walk round 6 hours before kick-off giving them to you for FREEEEE.

Please call rather than reply on here, as will be offline for a bit, Paul: 0800-245890.

SJ

PS: To the 8 posters who PM'd me saying they would have loved to have gone, had they not had to sit next to poosmate, I can only say sorry :oops:
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

Firstly I would like to thank SJ for giving me tickets and allowing the less fortunate the opportunity attend this show.
I would however advise anyone who may be interested in going........Not to bother :(
The show finally started 35 minutes late. 3 dinosaurs and 40 minutes later it was intermission for 25 minutes. The second half lasted around 30 minutes and had maybe 5 dinosaurs who were all on wheels - not to cleverly concealed in a large plinth.
5 hour drive. less than 90 minute show :cry:
But my three year old was impressed by the spinning torch/toy that I was forced to buy him so he would sit still during the second 1/2.
I do not know who the show is aimed at as the narration seems to be more adult.
IMO not worth the money. And I got the tickets free.
Please if anyone else has been and disagrees please give me your opinion.
no more dePreston
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Sorry to hear about that, that's a shame and completely out of order based on the official promotional guff, which included:

"Internationally renowned designers have worked with scientists to create 15 life-size dinosaurs
It's a dazzling 10 million pound arena spectacle of unprecedented size and quality set to captivate young and old alike"

Your son's clearly young, you're clearly old, but clearly you were not dazzled.

SJ
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

Oh I forgot.............The arena spectacle. A rock on wheels that split into three rocks.......and spouted a plastic air inflated tree. The rest of the scenery was the same plastic air inflated plants and grasses all backed by a screen showing holiday snaps from the rain forest and like.
10 million quid?...............Mmmm.

I am surely old and yes my son young, There were a considerable amount of people with older children and teenagers who left during the interval - I was tempted but was hoping it would improve. It didn't but was at least short.
The word bhuur ( sic) was repeated by the Thai family behind me.
Last edited by poosmate on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no more dePreston
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

poosmate wrote:Oh I forgot.............The arena spectacle. A rock on wheels that split into three rocks.......and spouted a plastic air inflated tree.
:laugh:

You make it sound like papier mache rocks and an inflatable you'd use in the pool.