Craving Buffalo wings and a good burger...

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Darth Babaganoosh
Rookie
Rookie

Craving Buffalo wings and a good burger...

Post by Darth Babaganoosh »

After 14 year of zero-quality wings and burgers in Korea, you have NO IDEA the craving.

Yes, yes, I'll be eating enough green and red curry while I'm in LOS to kill an elephant, but still, I want at least one night to gorge on wings (the spicier the better) and burgers before heading back to Seoul.

Any bars or restaurants that fit the bill?
PeteC

Re: Craving Buffalo wings and a good burger...

Post by PeteC »

That's a good question about the burgers. I don't think we've ever zeroed in on "the best" in Hua Hin. Google shows some things: a place named Bintaburger, MOS which appears to be Japanese but with a great burger :shock: and of course do-it-yourself with JD's Hua Hin Ham & Bacon having the best quality ingredients for that. Buffalo wings I have no clue. Maybe impossible to find.

Burgers and Wings are not a big British/European favourite and they make up the majority of posters on here. Let's see if anyone shows up later today who has done some Burger/Wing investigations. :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

You are right Pete - buffalo wings not a great British delicacy - but I have seen them on menus in HH and just can't flippin well remember where! POSSIBLY Jack and Ems, which is along the 'Railway Rd' (Thanon Rot Fai) on the right going South from the Railway Stn.
Maybe also at one or more of the Seafood restaurants on the Night Market.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
Darth Babaganoosh
Rookie
Rookie

prcscct wrote:MOS which appears to be Japanese but with a great burger
Oooooh, MOS Burger! Them's good eating, although I dunno if the MOS in LOS is as good as they would be in Tokyo (just as the A&W burgers in Bangkok aren't nearly as sigh-licious as they are back home).

I'll have to ask around further to see if there's anything better.

Only my hunt for wings remains. The only decent wings at all in Korea--if you don't mind getting soaked for $65--are at Hooters (only 3 branches country-wide)
Darth Babaganoosh
Rookie
Rookie

margaretcarnes wrote:You are right Pete - buffalo wings not a great British delicacy
Well, I would hardly call them a "delicacy". :laugh:

Just food to stuff your face while watching sports on the bar TV, washing them down with a few cold pints.

Now, I've gone and done it. Made myself thirsty and hungry. :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Sorry, put the burger back on the list. Somehow the Google MOS listing slipped in under Hua Hin and they're not there, yet, from what I can find. Only in Bangkok. :( Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

There is a bar for Yanks that serves both burgers and buffalo wings. Name is The Tavern. Never tried the wings but I've seen guys dig in without complaint. The burgers are good enough that I've had several. Each time they asked if I wanted it 'well', and I said 'medium'. Last time it came too pink to be safe so I asked them to cook it more. They did and it was still too pink. Next time I'll try 'well' and see if it is something other than a burnt cinder.

Skip the fries. The oil temp is too low, so the fries soak up WAY TOO MUCH oil.

It's on the street with no name, according to the HHAD map. Go toward the ocean on Soi Selekam. The road splits into a 'V' at El Murphy's (E5 on map). Take the left one. The tavern is the 3rd business on the right. http://www.huahinafterdark.com/hua-hin-map.htm
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

Is'nt it about time that Hooters - and Wendys - hit HuaHin? The Big 3 need a run for their money...
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

margaretcarnes wrote:Is'nt it about time that Hooters - ........
They would have to pay for staff breast implants. :shock: :mrgreen: Pete :cheers:
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

Cheaper in Thailand than the US surely?
Darth Babaganoosh
Rookie
Rookie

prcscct wrote:Sorry, put the burger back on the list. Somehow the Google MOS listing slipped in under Hua Hin and they're not there, yet, from what I can find. Only in Bangkok. :( Pete :cheers:
I'll be in BKK for a day on either side of my HH stay, so the burger (and wings, if it comes to that) can always wait.
Homer wrote:There is a bar for Yanks that serves both burgers and buffalo wings. Name is The Tavern.
Thanks, I'll give er a go once I get settled in HH.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

margaretcarnes wrote:Cheaper in Thailand than the US surely?
For sure, but the one's I've seen at Hooters USA appear mostly natural. It's the jiggle factor, you need a trained eye. :wink: Pete :cheers:
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

I asked Mrs.T about Buffalo Wings and she said that they don't fly :duck:
Darth Babaganoosh
Rookie
Rookie

prcscct wrote:They would have to pay for staff breast implants.
Not if they follow the business model of the Seoul Hooters.
Spoiler Alert: Same uniform, but without anything to fill it out.

Chris Rock once said "No one goes to Hooters for wings." He's never been to Seoul.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Darth Babaganoosh wrote:.........I'll be in BKK for a day on either side of my HH stay, so the burger (and wings, if it comes to that) can always wait..........
As of 2007 when the article was written, MOS was located at Central World, Paragon and Central Chidlom. Pete :cheers: