Central shopping mall coming to Hua Hin?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
siamgrace
Amateur
Amateur

Central shopping mall coming to Hua Hin?

Post by siamgrace »

Hi folks

I dont dont whether this is hot gossip or true

Has anyone heard if Central shopping mall is coming to Hua Hin?

Regards

Siam
dom77
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Central shopping mall coming to Hua Hin?

Post by dom77 »

No idea but why the heck do we need another mall??!! Pointless - most of us dont have the Bahts to spend every weekend.

Guess
Id better keep buying those lottery tickets
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

A Central Shopping Mall would be a great addition to Hua Hin. If and when it does come the other shopping malls will die a slow and painful death. They simply don't have a chance of competing with a Central Superstore as, in short, they are crap.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

GLCQuantum wrote:A Central Shopping Mall would be a great addition to Hua Hin. If and when it does come the other shopping malls will die a slow and painful death. They simply don't have a chance of competing with a Central Superstore as, in short, they are crap.

GLC on what evidence do you base your comment????

Central Shopping mall opened in Khon Kaen over 3 years ago with lots of people like you predicting the demise of the other 2 Shopping malls in town.......Hey presto 3 years on there are 3 shopping malls ,all doing brisk trade..if anything its Central that is struggling to attract the smaller businesses with their high rents. Stick with predicting soccer scores!!!!!!!
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
siamgrace
Amateur
Amateur

Post by siamgrace »

My predictions

Central will eventually open their doors at some stage and will also be a great addition for both the retailer and consumer and a great coup for Hua Hin.

My other prediction Leeds United will be in the European cup again in 3 years ......... probally get good odds with that prediction at paddy power
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Central Shopping mall opened in Khon Kaen over 3 years ago....
Hua Hin and Khon Kaen are 2 VERY different places which attract VERY different people.
Lee1975
Professional
Professional

Post by Lee1975 »

siamgrace wrote:My predictions

Central will eventually open their doors at some stage and will also be a great addition for both the retailer and consumer and a great coup for Hua Hin.

My other prediction Leeds United will be in the European cup again in 3 years ......... probally get good odds with that prediction at paddy power

I'll give you £1,000,000 - 1 odds :butt:
The only things I regret are the things I didn't do
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

GLCQuantum wrote:
Hua Hin and Khon Kaen are 2 VERY different places which attract VERY different people.

GLC you are too small to be on a high horse....you know nothing about KKC and the big money Thais who live there...stick to teaching you're no economist expert!!!!!
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Just look at the newly opened Nadpob Market. Shops are closing fast, new ones are not opening, the place is deserted; there are NO customers. And the old shopping mall is fighting an uneven fight to stay alive. A Macro is in the works, a C&P is in the works, another Tesco-Lotus is said to be in the works. Have these merchants of fortune ever heard about MARKET RESEARCH? The customer base in Hua Hin is simply too small for present and planned retail trade.
A friend is only one click away
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Sateeb said...
GLC you are too small to be on a high horse....you know nothing about KKC and the big money Thais who live there...stick to teaching you're no economist expert!!!!!
What's ya problem muppet? The thread is about a shopping mall.... yes, a shopping mall and you're getting all confrontational. GEEZ you must lead a miserable, pathetic life. Well.... you have my condolances.... you probably aint got much of it left.

Anyone who has been in Thailand for a couple of minutes knows that the Central Shopping Malls knock the spots off of most of the competition.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

GLCQuantum wrote:
Thais or farangs?
Talk is cheap
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Farangs don't really add that much moneywise to any of the shopping malls in Thailand. Hence they never really make them catered to us.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

GLCQuantum wrote:Farangs don't really add that much moneywise to any of the shopping malls in Thailand. Hence they never really make them catered to us.
Thats fair enough, so to most folk that use this forum, the new Mall, should it happen, will be an irrelevance.
Talk is cheap
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Not at all Caller. If there were to be a Central Shopping Mall in Hua Hin IMHO it would be great for the expats here as, if it is at all like there other Malls, it really is just miles away from what Hua Hin offers at the moment.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

GLCQuantum wrote:Not at all Caller. If there were to be a Central Shopping Mall in Hua Hin IMHO it would be great for the expats here as, if it is at all like there other Malls, it really is just miles away from what Hua Hin offers at the moment.
Well, I guess its about what you are in Thailand for? For me personally, air-dried shopping malls are way down the list. And I can't see how indistinguishable shopping malls can be compared?
Talk is cheap