Beautiful Hua Hin

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Beautiful Hua Hin

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Has anyone noticed latley how nice Hua Hin is looking?
All down the centre of the road wonderful flowers bloom, some in the shape of bunny rabbits and elephants.
I rarely see a fag butt or rubbish anymore. All the buildings on the petchakasem road are going to be painted a sort of magnolia colour, the post office having already been done.
Also flags have appeared in the centre of the road two on each light pole, one for the King and the other the Thai flag.
What a shame the Petchakasem road dosn't divert around Hua Hin, It would make it a lot safer. But I suppose if the world was perfect...bla bla bla.
Hurrah to Hua Hin council. :thumb:
www.35mmview.com
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Yes they are certainly making an effort.
Flags out etc will be for The Queen's birthday this Friday, 12th.
I'm sure I read in The BKK Post that the painting is for The King's birthday on Dec 5th. Apparantly, the face lift will stretch from the palace to the centre of town.
A by pass was built years ago from Cha Am to Pranburi. That was supposed to ease traffic conjestion through town, but it dosn't seem to have worked as the popularity of the town has increased. Mind you, without the by pass we'd still be getting all the southbound traffic - even to Malaysia and Singapore - passing through town.
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

most of the traffic still does pass through esspecialy by the more seasond drivers of cars ,trucks and hgv's due to them being aware that it adds an extra 30 km to their journey usunig the by pass
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Also the road between CA and HH is of better quality than the by pass.
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

30KM longer on the by-pass??? Did you nip up to Pala U on the way? When I clocked it it actually knocked off almost 1 KM and about ten minutes journey time.

A bit of sound advice though, always keep your doors locked and don't stop. Keep your strereo trurned up full. There are ghosts lurking on the hard shoulder for nearly 50KM. One jumped out at night and tried to grab the bottle of Regency that my wife was drinking at the time.

Don't do it on a scooter.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Guess wrote:There are ghosts lurking on the hard shoulder for nearly 50KM. One jumped out at night and tried to grab the bottle of Regency that my wife was drinking at the time.
:laugh: Maybe they're the same ghosts that cause all the accidents on the railway tracks too!
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

i m having to type with one hand at the moment there wasa zero which appeared from somewhere
may be it was a ghost edditing my post
where do these ghosts come from and where do they live
love to see one !
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

A lot of them come out of trees and give you winning lottery numbers, Dave.
Havn't you been praying to them lately? :cheers:
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

This posting seems to have strayed off the beaten path so to speak but talking of ghosts I am reminded of an incident that happened last year....
I was having a party at my bungalow and took a picture of my friend Martin, I was holding a fag at the time and when I looked at the picture some smoke had drifted accross the lens and it just so happened Martin was looking at it wistfully.
When the girls saw it (it was a digital camera) they all want pale and started wai-ing the camera. I told them it was just cigarette smoke but they would have none of it! All of them looked terrified and kept looking over their shoulders.
None of them came to the bungalow ever again and as one of them was my long term girlfriend I had to move. (i was moving anyway)
ha ha ha ha...... :|
www.35mmview.com
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Sorry Dr.

But I have to ask the question, What the ****ing *ell are you doing with the other hand???
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Mr. Cornhole,

How old was the fag in question. You do realise that there are laws in Thailand. It is possible that the fag was not old enough to smoke.