The computer and software security thread

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: The computer and software security thread

Post by migrant »

Went to the tessabahn yesterday to start the yellow book process. The lady we spoke with gave us copies of what is needed including a picture of someones passport with nothing redacted :shock: . I'm sure the new personal protection rules that start tomorrow will stop this :roll:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

That is exactly what happened to me when I started my 'Road to a Yellow Book thread years ago.

I've also mentioned the disposal of all of the paperwork at Immigration - just left outside for anybody to view/ take.

TIT
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

I think its because we are aliens they don't really give a shit about our personal data security. If it was a Thai's ID card, blue book, or bank details a bit more fuss would be made.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

buksida wrote:I think its because we are aliens they don't really give a shit about our personal data security. If it was a Thai's ID card, blue book, or bank details a bit more fuss would be made.
It didn't make any difference at customs in Bangkok when I was there. Scrap paper is scrap paper. Cost saving means reusing sheets with a blank side. When giving forms to banks, government, etc always make the back side unusable.
buksida

Post by buksida »

The poster was talking about the Tessabahn in Hua Hin and someone else's passport, not customs in Bangkok.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

And I made a comment in a thread about security not restricted to HH immigration or the tessaban. The problem with personal details being passed around is quite common.