house for rent in Kao Takiab area?

Hua Hin classifieds has been reopened, please read the classifieds posting rules before you submit an ad.
thaiger
Amateur
Amateur

house for rent in Kao Takiab area?

Post by thaiger »

Hi, I'm looking or a small house for rent in the vicinity of Kao Takiab, or anywhere close to HH, no more than 5km away. Just a simple one bedroom place, preferrably quiet. What prices am I looking at? 5K, 10K, 15K a month? Any info is apreciated!
buksida

Post by buksida »

Try our Hua Hin Rentals section.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
red dwarf

Post by red dwarf »

Any thing under 20 k a month will probably be Thai owned ,very poorly furnished ( a knackered sofa and 20 year old TV a bed that walks around the room on its own and if your lucky a few chairs and a table .Don’t forget The large deposit which you will never see again
Check your canopy it’s a long way down
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Wouldn't agree with that Red dwarf.
I've got a decent 2 bedroom place that was partly furnished for 7,000 a month. Only one month's deposit as well.
A friend has a far better place for 8,000.
Both within 5 mins to town by bike.
buksida

Post by buksida »

red dwarf wrote:Don't forget The large deposit which you will never see again
Gotta agree with that bit though :cuss:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

True.
The amount of deposit you are willing to put down should form part of the overall negotiation. If, for instance, you're paying 3-6 months rent upfront, an owner who asks for a hefty deposit as well should be treated with caution.
thaiger
Amateur
Amateur

Post by thaiger »

Hey, I like this website - quick responses, good info....
Maybe I don't know where to click, buksida, but all I find under HH housing are townhouses in HH for 25K a month...
I don't tend to believe whatever red dwarfs say, but then again I'd shell out 20 grand anytime for "a bed that moves on its own"...
My buddy in KT rents a two story town house, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, large living room, for 14K, the building sells for 3,5 million Baht, well, not yet. Lives there with the whole family with dog, so I guess I should be able to find something for just me for under 10 grand.
Hey loumamart (what kind of name is that?!) - is the other bedroom empty? - Just kidding. But I guess 6 months rent up front should take care of a deposit, or, as you say, at least drastically reduce it.
Thanks again everybody, and if you hear anything about a decent place in KT up to 10K, preferrably quiet, let me know, please!
Later.
buksida

Post by buksida »

We will be expanding that rentals section with a wide range of houses at different prices, its only been up for a few days.

I suggest you have a drive around Takiab and have a look, I'm sure you'll find what you seek.

:cheers:
thaiger
Amateur
Amateur

Post by thaiger »

Since I don't live in the HH area yet I only have time on the weekends; of course I have to drive around and have a look, but that can take a lot of time. That's why I posted the question on this board.
Some cities (like S.F. for example) have something like rental agents, where people post info on apartments and rooms for rent, and others who look for rooms or houses can pay a small fee and go through the catalog. Saves you a lot of time!
peterjon
Amateur
Amateur

House?

Post by peterjon »

Hi, Did you find a house yet?

There are lots for rent near to me, very reasonable and all furnished
billseymour

Post by billseymour »

peterjon,

Where do you live? We might be interested in renting a house in HH for six months or so.
peterjon
Amateur
Amateur

House?

Post by peterjon »

Hello,

We live near to the Elephant village in Paradise Village.
All new houses, some for rent and some for sale. We are the first residents.

The house next door is for rent. 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, European kitchen, Lounge Diner. Air Con & Ready to move in to.
I have some pictures if you are interested?

Regards

Peter Jon
billseymour

Post by billseymour »

Thanks, Peter, that's helpful.

We're not quite ready yet, so we'll probably drive around that area the next time we're in HH.

As a matter of interest, do you happen to know how much rent the owners are seeking?

Thanks again,

Bill Seymour
peterjon
Amateur
Amateur

House?

Post by peterjon »

No problem!

"New" Houses are from 15,000BHT per month (furnished), upwards.
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Most "farang"houses for rent I know of cost appx 20.000 Bt/mnt with 2 bedrooms. 25.000 Bt/mnt with 3 bedrooms.
This will however vary, depending of location (distance to HH or beach) and if equipped with a swimming pool.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.